Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover doesn't report to CRAs

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover doesn't report to CRAs

I currently have a Discover card for students and I had it for about 3months now and the account still doesn't show up on any of the three agencies. Is anyone having this issue?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
DI
Super Contributor

Re: Discover doesn't report to CRAs

Give them a call or log into your Discover account and send customer service an email.  It is important that your card reports to the CRAs.  Many times Discover cards  reports before you receive it  in the mail. 

Message 2 of 9
Smerri1029
Regular Contributor

Are you letting statements post with balances or paying in full and generating $0 statements? If you are generating $0 statements then in my experience Discover doesn't post those. If you are indeed letting statements post with amounts then you should contact Discover.

What's In My Wallet:American Express Starwood Preferred Guest Business Card, American Express Costco True Earnings, Citi AA Visa, Barclays US Air, Citi Prestige
What's In My Sock Drawer: Chase Sapphire Preferred, Discover More, Bank of America Accelerated Rewards AmEx, SME FCU Visa
Message 3 of 9
DI
Super Contributor

@Smerri1029 wrote:

Are you letting statements post with balances or paying in full and generating $0 statements? If you are generating $0 statements then in my experience Discover doesn't post those. If you are indeed letting statements post with amounts then you should contact Discover.

What you're saying is an issue that may occur after having the card for a few months.  The account should be reporting.  If its not reporting... what you're saying is irrelevant.   The OP needs to contact customer service.  

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just talked to an account manager. He told me that it takes 60 days for the account to report and another 30 days for the CRAs to update, he didn't mention the 0 balance thing.]

Message 5 of 9
DI
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I just talked to an account manager. He told me that it takes 60 days for the account to report and another 30 days for the CRAs to update, he didn't mention the 0 balance thing.]

Did you tell him it's been 90 days already?  I'd call back tomorrow and speak with someone more knowledgeable.

Message 6 of 9
DI
Super Contributor

Call the backdoor number from this site tomorrow. 

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@DI wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Did you tell him it's been 90 days already?  I'd call back tomorrow and speak with someone more knowledgeable.

Even though my account is 3 months old, I just got my first statement on the 1st of March. Maybe that's why...

Message 8 of 9
DI
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@DI wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Even though my account is 3 months old, I just got my first statement on the 1st of March. Maybe that's why...

That could be the culprit.  I remember when I opened my Discover More card in July 2009, the card was on my EX report before I received and activated the card. 

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.