Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover dropped my limit from 800 to 500 because

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover dropped my limit from 800 to 500 because

@Anonymous wrote:
Your right about that. When I was a student and had a four figure income I could barely afford a bus ticket. Still my first CC had a 5k limit. I know income plays a part in limits, and agree that it's odd that the OP has such a small limit. Something doesn't seem to add up, I mean even if the OPs credit is awful than why even approve them at all.

True but my daugher started out at Walgreens as a front check out girl.  Can't say what her salary was but you can best believe it wasn't much.  She started with a secured BofA card and within the year, that turned into a 5k limit regular BofA card.  No change in salary.  She was very responsible with that card.  I can't say what tips the scales further, your income or your responsiblity handling those cc's.

Message 31 of 61
Saleen099
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Saleen099 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@ezdriver wrote:

they saw "too many inquiries" on my credit when they reviewed it. By the way, I don't need more credit. I did not apply for any cli. The card is simply being used to strengthen my credit profile. Why were the inquiries there? Because I was shopping for a car around the Memorial Day weekend. I bought a Porshe 911 C4S. I make six-figure income. My only other significant debt is my home mortgage. I laughed when I saw the alert. I wrote back to Discover that I will use their card to buy only chewing gum each month so feel free to never increase it.. lol

Did a human review actually did such a stupid thing or a computer did it?

then what the heck were you doing with 800 limit discover card in the first place? just cancel the card and don't even bother. I'm sure with your income, you can get other credit cards with much higher credit limit.

Just because somebody can buy a Porsche does not mean they are not concerned with their credit. By the way it's not really that  Expensive of a car

2015 Porsche 918 Spyder 2-Door Convertible.   But the car that he purchased is still not a bad car. 

"The Porsche 911 C4S is meh not bad, you need a 918 to impress me" "If it's no where close to a million dollar car, it's not that expensive"... Who are you trying to kid???  I'm sorry but I'm going to have to call your bluff. That has got to be one of the most ridiculous posts I've seen on myFICO...

image.jpg

Message 32 of 61
NichelleN
Established Contributor

@Callandra wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@ezdriver wrote:

they saw "too many inquiries" on my credit when they reviewed it. By the way, I don't need more credit. I did not apply for any cli. The card is simply being used to strengthen my credit profile. Why were the inquiries there? Because I was shopping for a car around the Memorial Day weekend. I bought a Porshe 911 C4S. I make six-figure income. My only other significant debt is my home mortgage. I laughed when I saw the alert. I wrote back to Discover that I will use their card to buy only chewing gum each month so feel free to never increase it.. lol

then what the heck were you doing with 800 limit discover card in the first place? just cancel the card and don't even bother. I'm sure with your income, you can get other credit cards with much higher credit limit.

This not directed at OP since I don't know his credit history but just because you have high income, it doesn't mean you have good credit and can get high lines. Just because you make a lot of money doesn't mean you're responsible with it. Smiley Wink

Thanks for posting that. I'm actually confused about the confusion in the thread. There is a pretty big range within a "six figure income". And, speaking from experience, a high income doesn't guarantee a high credit score.

More than enough credit.
Message 33 of 61
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Saleen099 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Saleen099 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@ezdriver wrote:

Just because somebody can buy a Porsche does not mean they are not concerned with their credit. By the way it's not really that  Expensive of a car

2015 Porsche 918 Spyder 2-Door Convertible.   But the car that he purchased is still not a bad car. 

"The Porsche 911 C4S is meh not bad, you need a 918 to impress me" "If it's no where close to a million dollar car, it's not that expensive"... Who are you trying to kid???  I'm sorry but I'm going to have to call your bluff. That has got to be one of the most ridiculous posts I've seen on myFICO...

image.jpg

I would be impressed if it were a pair of Mclaren P1's or F1's.  LOL  

Are you the owner of both cars?

Message 34 of 61
OnTheRebound
Established Contributor

This not directed at OP since I don't know his credit history but just because you have high income, it doesn't mean you have good credit and can get high lines. Just because you make a lot of money doesn't mean you're responsible with it. Smiley Wink

That's true. But to paraphrase one individual that is running for public office, the more money you have the smarter you are.

So if you were to believe that I must be a real dumb a** and he is an absolute genius! Smiley Sad He may think I'm  stupid but I consider myself responsible and pay my bills on time.

Amex BCE $11.1 / Citi Diamond Preferred WMC $12K / Citi Double Cash WMC $3.8K / Comenity Total Rewards Visa $2.5K / Citi Home Depot $5K / AU- Amex BCP $12K / Chase Freedom Visa $11014.00 / PenFed Platinum Rewards Visa Signature $6K / GE Lowes $10K
myFico Scores on 10/03/2014
Eq 798 / Exp 811 / Trans 814
CCT Fico 08 on 1/3/16 - Trans 786 / Exp 793 / Eq 797
Message 35 of 61
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Saleen099 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Saleen099 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@ezdriver wrote:

image.jpg

A-W-E-S-O-M-E!!!!!!!!!

Message 36 of 61
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Saleen099 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Saleen099 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@ezdriver wrote:

image.jpg

A-W-E-S-O-M-E!!!!!!!!!

+1... I'll take the orange one Smiley Wink

Message 37 of 61
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Saleen099 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Saleen099 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@ezdriver wrote:

image.jpg

A-W-E-S-O-M-E!!!!!!!!!

+1... I'll take the orange one Smiley Wink

As community leader, please don't derail thread with car posts.  WAY off topic.  I will say, I don't like the colors (not me).

Signature needs updating
Message 38 of 61
Anonymous
Not applicable

But can I post my bike? 3k, cash, and she'll pull on the 911 Smiley Tongue
Message 39 of 61
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 40 of 61
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.