Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover escape still alive!

tag
slap_happy
Frequent Contributor

Discover escape still alive!

Have heard online that this was discontinued in 2013, but on discover .com you can still app for it and I called and rep said they still offered it and did not hear anything about it getting discontinued.

Now can someone tell me why it seems that no one has this card? 2x$1 on everything is nothing to laugh at

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
eddie84
Valued Contributor

Re: Discover escape still alive!

No more app'ing for me this year. lol  Anyway, also trying to avoid another card with AF. Smiley Tongue

Message 2 of 6
randeman
Frequent Contributor

I have it. I like it. It offers most of the same perks that a travel signature card has except you can't go over your limit.
Experian Score: 689--Amex 27 July 2014; Equifax Score 680--MyFICO--17 September 2014; TransUnion Score 718-Discover 20 August 2014--PUH-RAISE JESUS, I finally broke 700!!! Cards and Credit Lines: Escape by Discover, Chase Freedom Signature Visa, Chase United MileagePlus Explorer Signature Visa, Chase Sapphire Preferred Signature Visa, Barclay's Holland America Visa, Citibank Custom Credit Line, Paypal Custom Connect Credit Line, Bloomingdale's, Macy's Premier Elite, Amazon Store Card, Lord & Taylor, Nordstrom, Discover It, Gold Delta SkyMiles from American Express, PayPal BML.
Message 3 of 6
SuperKirby
Established Contributor

I don't know anything about Discover, but how come their website only shows 1-2 differenct CCs? Is there a link to view all of their CCs?

Message 4 of 6
TheConductor
Established Contributor

For better or worse, Discover has decided to put all of their marketing muscle behind the "It" card.  Which ties in nicely with their current brand slogan "It pays to Discover".

They do still have some other cards, but they are sweeping those under the rug and doing their best to be a "one great product" type of company right now.

Starting: EQ 622 (myFICO 7/7/12), EX 696 (TU FAKO 8/14/12), TU 621 (CK TransRisk 7/24/12), Total CL $1k on 2 TLs
Current: EQ 709 (CCT 2/4/15), EX 704 (CCT 2/4/15) , TU 702 (CCT 2/4/15), Total CL $110.3k on 14 TLs Goal: 740+ x3
My Wallet: Amex BCP $30k, Chase United Explorer $16k, Amex SPG $13.5k, Barclaycard Ring MC $12.5k, Chase CSP VS $12.2k, Discover it $10.5k, C1 Venture VS $6.5k, Chase Slate $3.5k, Amex Hilton Surpass $2k, Barclaycard Apple V $2k, Chase Freedom V $1100, BoA Cash Rewards V $500, Citi BestBuy $500
My Loans: Prosper $25k/36mo, Prosper $17k/36mo
My Business: Chase Ink VS $5k, Amex BRG NPSL (> 10k),
Message 5 of 6
SuperKirby
Established Contributor

@TheConductor wrote:

For better or worse, Discover has decided to put all of their marketing muscle behind the "It" card.  Which ties in nicely with their current brand slogan "It pays to Discover".

They do still have some other cards, but they are sweeping those under the rug and doing their best to be a "one great product" type of company right now.

That is crazy! and very old fashion...

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.