Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover extending 0% APR?

tag
JSS3
Valued Contributor

Discover extending 0% APR?

Has anyone ever gotten Discover to extend a 6month 0% promo to a year once it was up? How likely are they to grant this request?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Beane
Regular Contributor

Re: Discover extending 0% APR?

@JSS3 wrote:

Has anyone ever gotten Discover to extend a 6month 0% promo to a year once it was up? How likely are they to grant this request?

I tried to get them to switch my 6mo purchase and 18 month BT to the 14 month for both, but they told me I couldn't do it.  I would say close to 0% that they would do it.

FICO EQ: 733 TU: 727 CS FAKO EX: 737                                                                                               In the garden since 5/9/13
Message 2 of 4
JSS3
Valued Contributor

@Beane wrote:

@JSS3 wrote:

I tried to get them to switch my 6mo purchase and 18 month BT to the 14 month for both, but they told me I couldn't do it.  I would say close to 0% that they would do it.

Ouch! I could really use an extension. I'll ask but won't get my hopes up. Thanks. 

Message 3 of 4
Brax
Frequent Contributor

I remember reading on this forum earlier in the year that someone was able to get a 0% APR extension from Discover, but YMMV. At least with Discover, you stand a chance, however small, compared to other issuers where a 0% APR extension would most certainly be outside the realm of possibility.

I think a successful promo extension from Discover would be more the result of Discover wanting to "win you back" as a customer if they felt you had taken your business elsewhere by not using your Discover card very much. So it might help to downplay the "could really use an extension" and instead mention something like wanting to use Discover as your primary card. Good luck!

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.