Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover first year cash back

tag
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Discover first year cash back

Hey guys just curious, when and how does Discover pay the double cash youve earned after first year. My 1st year was up in Oct , its now almost Dec and i see nothing. I also closed my Disco so not sure if theyll hold it out of spite ,lol, or when and how i should expect it. Any experiences welcomed. Im not sure if i sure call in and ask but if its recommended i will. Thanks. Great day.
20 REPLIES 20
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

Re: Discover first year cash back

https://www.discover.com/credit-cards/help-center/faqs/it_NCM_12.html#when-cashback-match

* Cashback Match: After the first 12 consecutive billing periods that your new account is open, we will match all of the cash back rewards you've earned and apply them to your account in the following one or two billing periods. If your account is closed or no longer in the cash back reward program at the time we calculate your potential award, your cash back will not be matched. You've earned cash back rewards when they have posted to your account by the end of the 12th consecutive billing period. This promotional offer may not be offered in the future. This exclusive offer is available only to new cardmembers.

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 2 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I hope you didn't close the account prior to completion of 12 billing cycles. If you closed it after, expect a check in the mail.
Message 3 of 21
SkyCommander
Frequent Contributor

I got my first year cash back around May of this year. It counts all the cash back even if you redeemed some before you closed. But why did you close it when it doesn't come with an annual fee? I SD mine for the wifi credit and buy a random thing on Amazon to keep it active and open.

Chase Hyatt | Chase Sapphire Preferred | Chase Freedom Unlimited | Amex ED | Amex Hilton | Amex Bonvoy | BoA Amtrak | CapOne Quicksilver
Message 4 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is the wi-fi credit? 

Message 5 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

now im into this thread just to find out what the wifi credit is!

Message 6 of 21
SkyCommander
Frequent Contributor

Something the Miles card version has. I used up my wifi credit nearly 6 months ago so things could have changed but if it hasn't it's $30 in plane wifi credit a year. OP didn't say which Discover he had but mine is the Miles version which also had a cash back match.

Chase Hyatt | Chase Sapphire Preferred | Chase Freedom Unlimited | Amex ED | Amex Hilton | Amex Bonvoy | BoA Amtrak | CapOne Quicksilver
Message 7 of 21
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

I should have 12 consecutive months from Oct to Oct but even if not i know i completed Nov. So looks like maybe Dec or Jan. If for some reason i dont get it just another reason not to ever app Disco again.
Message 8 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SkyCommander wrote:

Something the Miles card version has. I used up my wifi credit nearly 6 months ago so things could have changed but if it hasn't it's $30 in plane wifi credit a year. OP didn't say which Discover he had but mine is the Miles version which also had a cash back match.

ohhh i see thank you

Message 9 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you ask them about it when you closed your account? 

I was approved 12-2016 but my cb match ends 01-2017. 

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.