cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover fraudently advertising features they don't give?

tag
zullyquirke
Contributor

Re: Discover fraudently advertising features they don't give?

Like I mentioned, I've had mine for about a year now. So maybe it'll show up next statement.

Honestly though as neat as it is, I already have ScoreWatch so it's not a big deal to me one way or the other. 

Message 21 of 28
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@zullyquirke wrote:

Like I mentioned, I've had mine for about a year now. So maybe it'll show up next statement.

Honestly though as neat as it is, I already have ScoreWatch so it's not a big deal to me one way or the other. 

ScoreWatch is good, but it monitors your EQ score only. It will be nice to get an updated TU score monthly.

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 22 of 28
Dubious
Frequent Contributor

@zullyquirke wrote:

I checked my DiscoverIT account profile and I don't see mine listed! I've had the card for about a year and have a good 8-10 years of credit history too. I did see a link for Credit ScoreTracker, but when I clicked on it I got this:

"We apologize we are currently not accepting any new enrollments for Payment Protection, Identity Theft Protection, Wallet Protection or Credit ScoreTracker. "

It's not Credit Score tracker. That's a separate thing that they don't offer anymore. The score is on your normal billing statement. 

Message 23 of 28
zullyquirke
Contributor

Oh, good point! I wonder how accurate Discover's TU scoring will be. Credit Karma's TU reporting is a bit of a joke.

Message 24 of 28
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@zullyquirke wrote:

Oh, good point! I wonder how accurate Discover's TU scoring will be. Credit Karma's TU reporting is a bit of a joke.

That's because CK's TU isn't a FICO score; it's a FAKO. From what I understand, Discover's is a true FICO. I just converted from More to It and am looking forward to gettting my score soon.

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 25 of 28
zullyquirke
Contributor

@tinuviel wrote:

@zullyquirke wrote:

That's because CK's TU isn't a FICO score; it's a FAKO. From what I understand, Discover's is a true FICO. I just converted from More to It and am looking forward to gettting my score soon.

Great news! My billing date is December 8th, so hopefully in a week I'll see some good info.

Message 26 of 28
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@ zullyquirke

sorry I cannot quote but would like to confirm the TU score you get on the Discover statement is very accurate. I did a CLI with BofA and they pulled TU...could not resist in asking the CA to reveal my Fico score and to my surprise the score I got on my Discover statement dated 11/27 and was exactly the same Smiley Happy as the one BofA pulled 11/25... this is actually a score lenders use. Barclays updated score on 11/29 also showed the same figure.

Message 27 of 28
compassion101
Established Contributor

Just call them. They will send you a score.

I have the More card and my statement cut 2 days ago and no FICO score. I called and they explained that it will not be implemented for another month or 2 for More. However, they asked if I would like my score sent to me through mail and generated a letter with my score. 

The lesson is always try to resolve a problem not just go on a tantrum about how unfair life is to you. I mean this in a constructive sense.

Message 28 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.