cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover fraudently advertising features they don't give?

tag
Closingracer
Established Member

Discover fraudently advertising features they don't give?

I noticed on the compare sheet recently   that they give you your FICO score for free on my monthly statement and yet i checked mine this month and last month and it says nothing... I am doing paperless billing and i am relativly new to Credit but i should have a score by now with about 6 months of Credit no?

Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27
ksantangelo23
Frequent Contributor

Re: Discover fraudently advertising features they don't give?

EDIT: If your statement date was before, I believe the 19th of November, you wont have a score appear yet. Discover only started this program last month.

Edit 2: JollehRoger posted the right date as the 19th. I first said the 9th

Chat with Discover via Live Chat or on the phone. I had to get my credit score mailed seperatly.

And yes, you should have a credit score of some sort. Discover sends you a copy of your TU FICO score in the welcome package when you're accepted as a new card member.

AMEX Hilton Ascend: $55,000 | Chase Sapphire Reserve: $30,000 | PNC Points: $17,500 | AMEX BCE (AU): $18,000 | AMEX BCP: $15,000 | US Bank Cash+ $15,000 | AMEX Business Prime: $14,000 | AMEX SimplyCash: $12,000 | Capital One QS: $13,500 | Chase Business Ink: $12,000 | PNC Everyday (AU): $12,000 | JCPenny Store Card: $10,500 | Chase Slate: $9,400 | Capital One QS: $6,500 | (2nd) US Bank Cash+ (2nd): $7,500 | Discover IT: $6,000 | Chase Freedom: $3,500 | Auto Lease: $0/$21,000 | Auto Loan: $0/$18,000 |

TU: 818 EX: 809 EQ: 801

Message 2 of 28
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Closingracer wrote:

I noticed on the compare sheet recently   that they give you your FICO score for free on my monthly statement and yet i checked mine this month and last month and it says nothing... I am doing paperless billing and i am relativly new to Credit but i should have a score by now with about 6 months of Credit no?

Folks have been getting their recent FICO's as this was a recently implemented account feature.  It also depends on when your billing cycle generates.  The complimentary FICO score feature was not available before.  How is this fraudulent advertising again?

Message 3 of 28
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@ksantangelo23 wrote:

Chat with Discover via Live Chat or on the phone. I had to get my credit score mailed seperatly.

And yes, you should have a credit score of some sort. Discover sends you a copy of your TU FICO score in the welcome package when you're accepted as a new card member.

Discover only started this program last month.

+1

Message 4 of 28
Closingracer
Established Member

@FinStar wrote:

@Closingracer wrote:

Folks have been getting their recent FICO's as this was a recently implemented account feature.  It also depends on when your billing cycle generates.  The complimentary FICO score feature was not available before.  How is this fraudulent advertising again?

My Bill post date is Today the 3rd and they advertised this for about a month now?

Message 5 of 28
Closingracer
Established Member

@ksantangelo23 wrote:

EDIT: If your statement date was before, I believe the 9th of November, you wont have a score appear yet. Discover only started this program last month.

My last month bill was before the 9th and knew it was to early for my last statement. My statement came today December 3rd and thus after  November 9th. I would just like to see some score since i am relativly new to Credit. MY Welcome package didnt say any since i never had Credit before. Hopefully my Amex will tell me some score. I just don't see the need to pay $60 for a score right now

Message 6 of 28
PokemonMaster
Frequent Contributor

@Closingracer wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@Closingracer wrote:

My Bill post date is Today the 3rd and they advertised this for about a month now?

The launch date for the program was Nov 19th and as I recall it says it can take up to 1-2 statements for it to appear. If you really are that impatient about the score just call and ask.

Message 7 of 28
ksantangelo23
Frequent Contributor

@Closingracer wrote:

@ksantangelo23 wrote:

EDIT: If your statement date was before, I believe the 9th of November, you wont have a score appear yet. Discover only started this program last month.

My last month bill was before the 9th and knew it was to early for my last statement. My statement came today December 3rd and thus after  November 9th. I would just like to see some score since i am relativly new to Credit. MY Welcome package didnt say any since i never had Credit before. Hopefully my Amex will tell me some score. I just don't see the need to pay $60 for a score right now

I'd head to annualcreditreport.com and get your yearly TU credit report for free - pick up your EQ and EX while you're there, too.

And like I said, chat with Discover

Also, just be aware that the free AMEX score is a FAKO score.

AMEX Hilton Ascend: $55,000 | Chase Sapphire Reserve: $30,000 | PNC Points: $17,500 | AMEX BCE (AU): $18,000 | AMEX BCP: $15,000 | US Bank Cash+ $15,000 | AMEX Business Prime: $14,000 | AMEX SimplyCash: $12,000 | Capital One QS: $13,500 | Chase Business Ink: $12,000 | PNC Everyday (AU): $12,000 | JCPenny Store Card: $10,500 | Chase Slate: $9,400 | Capital One QS: $6,500 | (2nd) US Bank Cash+ (2nd): $7,500 | Discover IT: $6,000 | Chase Freedom: $3,500 | Auto Lease: $0/$21,000 | Auto Loan: $0/$18,000 |

Message 8 of 28
ksantangelo23
Frequent Contributor

JollehRoger wrote:

The launch date for the program was Nov 19th and as I recall it says it can take up to 1-2 statements for it to appear. If you really are that impatient about the score just call and ask.

Thanks, it was the 19th. I knew it had a "9" in it Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 28
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

@Closingracer wrote:

@ksantangelo23 wrote:

A credit score can't be generated without 6 months credit history. If you don't have 6 months history you can't get a Fico score anywhere.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 10 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.