Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover gave me CLI twice in a row

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover gave me CLI twice in a row

In August I asked for CLI together with my CapOne. Discover increased mine from $300 to $1,500. They just did it again today without me asking for it, increasing my CL to $4,500, and offered 0.00% APR for one year as well.

I wonder if Discover does this to anyone?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

Re: Discover gave me CLI twice in a row

It happens but, not very often or for many.  I'm guessing the 0% is because you weren't using it much?

Also, if they gave you more $ then you should ask for more $.  It seems to be an indicator they're loosening the purse strings a bit and willing to push the limit up.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

A friend of mines told me that she got an auto increase today and a promotion for 0% APR for 12 months. It use to be her daily driver but after the first year her APR was too high so she sock drawered it. We're guessing they want some activity so they are giving up perks for a little luv. 

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was auto CLI to 8600. I went online and did a CLI request got 500 more. Then they sent me 0% for 12 months or 4.99% for 18 and no transfer fee balance transfer checks
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! I like those types of unexpected events 😀

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.