Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover hard pull

tag
Anonymous514
Established Contributor

Discover hard pull

I just got a notification saying Discover has pulled my credit report again but I did not initiate any request or even approve them to pull it...How do I get it removed?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
montana586
Regular Contributor

Re: Discover hard pull

Call them and ask why an inquiry was made.

Starting Score: 675EQ 698 TU
Current Score: 698TU 675EQ
Goal Score: 720+

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

EQ fico 675
Trans Fico 698
EX662
Message 2 of 4
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

@bigalkescott514 wrote:

I just got a notification saying Discover has pulled my credit report again but I did not initiate any request or even approve them to pull it...How do I get it removed?

If it's a hard pull contact them and say you didn't authorize it - note that if you requested a CLI you authorized a HP. Most creditors soft pull your report on a regular basis and since you list Discover in your sig, they should be doing this anyway. I'm just gessing here, but if you didn't request a CLI or apply for a new card then they will/should remove the HP. I don't know any company that does hard pulls on their own due to "permissable purposes regulations".

In either case, contact Discover to straighten it out.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

it sounds very strange to me that they performed a hard pull on you out of the blue.  Definitely give them a call about it asap. You easily dispute it if it's valid.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.