cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover has made my day!!

tag
Getlostinfic

Discover has made my day!!

So I've had my discover card for almost two years now and I've had the same limit of $500 but I was a student before and didn't make that big a deal over it! Well, I've been lurking on the board for a month now and you guys have helped me get a AMEX BCE card( limit $2000) raise my Oldnavy from $250 to $1000 so I figured I would trust you guys when you said to call discover. Today I finally became brave and called. The lady I spoke with was really nice, and told me my limit was very small and she couldn't believe I had never had an increase. She asked me what I expected and I guess I took so long so she said let me just put your info into the computer and see what we come up with! She than says congratulations you're been given an increase to $3000 dollars!!! I can't believe this just happened!!! Thanks you guys!!!

Discover it: $500 AMEX BCE: $2000 OldnavyGE: $1000
Transunion Fico score 8/16/13: 701
Equifax Fico 8/16/13: 705
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Discover has made my day!!

@Getlostinfic wrote:

So I've had my discover card for almost two years now and I've had the same limit of $500 but I was a student before and didn't make that big a deal over it! Well, I've been lurking on the board for a month now and you guys have helped me get a AMEX BCE card( limit $2000) raise my Oldnavy from $250 to $1000 so I figured I would trust you guys when you said to call discover. Today I finally became brave and called. The lady I spoke with was really nice, and told me my limit was very small and she couldn't believe I had never had an increase. She asked me what I expected and I guess I took so long so she said let me just put your info into the computer and see what we come up with! She than says congratulations you're been given an increase to $3000 dollars!!! I can't believe this just happened!!! Thanks you guys!!!

Congarts keep hanging out here and next time you will jump and say 10K before they even askSmiley Happy

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 5
MsLadyRover
Valued Contributor

Congratulations OP!

Starting Score: 639 (Walmart TU)
Current Score: TU 715 (Barclay) EX 685 (myFICO) EQ 697 (myFICO)
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board (Mortgage Goal Achieved 1/31/2012!)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 5
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

Yes Discover reps are very friendly, and congrats on your CL was it a SP or HP? Either way it was a good bump!

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 4 of 5
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

Also time to update that siggy.

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.