Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover iT Closed!!!

tag
keithB
Established Contributor

Re: Discover iT Closed!!!

@Anonymous wrote:

i find it funny that Discover was Created / Founded by Sears but Sears uses MasterCard lol........i guess NOT even the folks that Created Discover believe in Discover.....Smiley Tongue .... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Discover_Card ...........CRAZY.......... https://www.citibank.com/us/cards/srs/index.jsp?BAC=SearsMemberOffers

Because Sears sold off the Discover unit.  Much like GE is getting ready to sell off Sychrony. It seems to me you are nit-picking Discover to justify your decission to cancel the card.  Obviously you are trying to convince yourself.

If you had any knowlege of how big businesses works,  Sears sold Discover back in 1993.  That's after being founded by Sears in 1985.  So let's see, after being in business for 8 years, Sears sells Discover to generate short term quarterly profits.  And now 21 years after that event Sears forms a partnership with Citibank, and you think that's big news?

I'm pretty sure that's long enough where neither side has any sentimental reminiscing of days of yesteryear.  LOL Smiley Tongue

Message 51 of 54
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

All that matters is that the OP determined that the card wasn't working for him/her, and  so  closed it.   Obviously, once anyone  posts such a thing about closing any card you will get responses of the form "that's the bestest card ever, why did you close?" or "never close free cards" etc.   And that seems to have driven OP to make stronger and wronger statements defending the decision.

So the moral: close what you want, and then don't ask!  You can ask before closing, but that might not be too useful either because everyone's credit experience and needs are different. 

Message 52 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you really thought about it, I bet you'd fine it even funnier Sears is dying a slow, painful death while Discover flourishes as a company...
Message 53 of 54
jsucool76
Super Contributor

I'll just leave this here....

Screenshot 2014-10-10 at 1.07.36 PM.png

Message 54 of 54
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.