Frequent Contributor
seigex

Re: Discover immediate access?

[ Edited ]

pdog661 wrote:

Just be very cautious with a mortgage pending.

Personally I would rather risk losing the fridge deal then the mortgage underwriters asking more questions. 

I applied for a discover card 1 month before a re-fi with a 797 credit score, very low debit to income including mortgage payment, and had to explain it to the underwriters.  They didn't like it.  I would believe they would have liked it even less if I applied after approval of my file.   

Discover reports your inquiry same day ( in my case), and if they run your credit prior to closing it may cause a red flag.

If it changes anything on your mortgage the 500 savings on the fridge will be gone quickly. 

while I appreciate (and expected) the mortgage advice, it's something I've considered carefully and discussed with all parties involved, but this post was just about Discover

Lender Pull (11/3/12) FICO EX: 740 EQ: 680 TU: 702

NFCU VISA $17.5k / USAA AMEX $6k / USAA AMEX $4k / USAA VISA $4k / CHASE FREEDOM $3k / Capital One $500

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+