Valued Contributor
thrasher865

Re: Discover increase approved message

From what I've gathered, Discover likes you to run a lot of money through their card.  I'm not so sure whether you PIF or carry a balance is of much importance to them.  I had to carry a balance for a bit, and would run all my money through the card, and pay all my disposable income each month onto the card, thus paying the card down, while also running a lot through it.  And even though I was at ~30% util for a while, they were repeatedly giving me increases.  In fact, just last month, I got an increase from $5200 to $6300, while still carrying about a $1k balance.  They have given me at least 1 unsolicited CLI per year since I've had the card.

Starting Score: EQ: 665 - TU: 687
Current Score: EQ: 749 - TU: ---
Goal Score: EQ: 760 - TU: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Community Leader
Valued Contributor
HoldingOntoHope

Re: Discover increase approved message

I got the exact same message when i applied for a CLI a few months ago. I requested $1500 CLI. They said "We can only approve $1500...":smileyvery-happy: It made me wonder if I should have asked for more, but I did not want a hard pull to find out. The approval through the link was a soft. FYI I have had my Discover for 2 years now and have never gotten an auto CLI. I started at $4500. I PIF each month and it is primarily used for whatever the quarterly bonus category is. I'm not complaining... just saying.

Best financial advice I ever got: "Just imagine what an adult would do and do that."

Starting Score: 500's
Current Score: EQ 701 (FICO) TU 721 (FICO) EX 715 (Quizzle)
Goal Score: 760 ALL

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}