Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover is fast!

tag
Kohler
Established Member

Re: Discover is fast!

I agree. I got my Discover card on Wednesday night. Added 2 authorized users and on Friday morning all 3 accounts were already reporting on our credit reports. Pretty cool. I've had Capital One for like a month and nothing is reporting yet.

Message 11 of 23
AeroKrix
Frequent Contributor

Geez... When I was approved for the Sony Card, it took them a week to create the account, then they mailed the card, which took almost a week. CapOne really makes you want to wait.

Current 09/01/2021 EQ - 515 FAKO ; EX - 591 FICO ; TU - 598 FICO

Venmo CC $5.0K || Paypal Cashback CC $2.0K || Walmart CC $3.0K || CapOne QS1 $700 || CapOne QS $800 || Mission Lane $1.5K || Merrick $1.0K || AMEX Optima $500
Message 12 of 23
alvon123
Super Contributor

@j_casteel wrote:

Just got the email stating my card is in the mail. My wife actually got her card yesterday and was approved on the 1st. So both of us will have our cards in hand ~4 days from approval.

congrats

Message 13 of 23
aubie1kenobie2
Frequent Contributor

Congrats! Smiley Happy

Starting Score: No credit history in July 2013, 663 in August (lender pulled)
Current Score: 773 (Discover FICO), 749 (DCU EQ)
Ultimate goal: Buy a house in 2016!
Message 14 of 23
buildafico
Frequent Contributor

Grats on approval! I got the secured discover it and after the deposit cleared had the card in two days. Priority mail, with this nifty packaging lol I'm ready for the customer service experience, no more feeling like I'm ruining someone's day by calling customer service lines.
some textsome textsome textsome textsome textsome textsome textsome textsome text>some text
Message 15 of 23
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

@newUser0 wrote:

@j_casteel wrote:
Maybe I should just delete my thread then.

I'm well aware of how fast AMEX and others can get the cards out. However, for new customers getting cards in 4 days IMO is fast.

BTW, congrats on your next day delivery.

No need to delete, it's certainly helpful to others to know how fast the discover sends their cards after approval.

My comment was meant to let you know, that Amex are very fast than discover, So later down the road, if you get an Amex, you would be surprised how fast your card 

came in?

I have an AMEX, but I look forward to seeing how fast my next one comes in when/if I get one.

Thanks

Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Message 16 of 23
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

@gdale6 wrote:

@j_casteel wrote:

Just got the email stating my card is in the mail. My wife actually got her card yesterday and was approved on the 1st. So both of us will have our cards in hand ~4 days from approval.

Yup, they are quick if its the It card

Yep, both of us got the IT card. Cool little welcome packet too.

Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Message 17 of 23
runner121
Established Member

That's great, congrats! Smiley Happy

Message 18 of 23
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

@j_casteel wrote:

Great news Smiley Happy you and the DW enjoy your new cards

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 19 of 23
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

Yep, they're pretty quick.  Congrats to you both!

Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.