Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover is losing it with me....

tag
PhoenixDown
New Contributor

Re: Discover is losing it with me....

I am probably the minority here but I really like Discover. They gave me a credit card when I was building up and have been good to me in terms of CLI's. I have more options now but I really like their customer service.

Message 21 of 27
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

@PhoenixDown wrote:

I am probably the minority here but I really like Discover. They gave me a credit card when I was building up and have been good to me in terms of CLI's. I have more options now but I really like their customer service.

I'm sure that you're not the minority. They are a great company. The OP just hasn't found the sweet spot yet, but it will come.

Message 22 of 27
linux007969
Established Contributor

Discover is a really awesome credit card company! They have been the most generious with my in every way possible! They gave me an instant approval of 1K in November 2012, and since then I had switched to the IT card, then at increase 6 months of having the account  to 3k, then in 3 months later to 5K and 3 months after that to 7K. They also gave me 0% interest when i was approved and it runs out my next cycle. I took every advantage of the 0% by using my card heavly and making sizable payments and charging it up again. I got my year end summary and it showed this year alone I spent over 5k! They have even been really nice when my card was getting shutdown due to issues with Money Messenger, which they shutdown fully for everyone thereafter. They even credited me some cash back when shortly after I switched to the IT card cuz my pervious rewards on the Motiva were unfavortiable. They also credited my Account $3.20 when money messenger had a issue just before they shut it down, there was some sort of glitch where after they opened my account back up from the fraud protection money messenger still didn't go through eventhough the preautoroizations were pending so i had to go through paypal itself and they charged me a fee of $3.20 as Discover didn't. Sometime ago too they sent me a $5 Discover Award card just to say thanks for being a customer, which was really nice! They care so much about their customers especially the ones who use their cards alot!

Before anyone says anything no I do not work for Discover, nore did they pay me to write this, I am just telling the truth! Smiley Very Happy

Rebuilding Credit since 2016
Debt: Almost $80,000
Message 23 of 27
toppers555
Established Contributor

Well Discover deemed me at 11th months worthy of 0% BT for a year but still no online cli button.  pretty sure it sd time I have no need for a BT.

TU 715 No apps to 05/13 cash+ 5/13!!! 738 TU CSP April 13!!!CSP approved May 13!!!

Message 24 of 27
megaman1
Regular Contributor

I got Discover as my first card and was super happy they gave me a chance...but this doesn't entitle me to liking them such as in the OP's situation. Just saying.

Message 25 of 27
chwebb1
Established Contributor

I have to say that I'm also happy with Discover. They're not my highest CL, but they have great customer service and they gave me a CLI (with a HP) at 4 months. I'll definitely keep my Discover card for the long term. The 5% CB categories are great, too. Although to be fair, I've not had bad experiences with any of my current credit card companies. So I'll probably keep my current set of cards (and maybe add Huntington Voice and Barclaycard Arrival), and then call it quits for apping for new credit cards.

photo NUS000000180_160X101_STRAIGHT.gif photo DISCOVER_IT_LG.gif photo card_1.png photo night-launch.png photo NUS000000012_160X101_STRAIGHT.gif photo bankamericard-better-balance-rewards-credit-card-small.png
$15000 ........... $12500 ............ $11750 ............ $10000 ........... $9400 ............ $5000 ............. $5000
In the Garden until at least November 2015
Message 26 of 27
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

@dap1984va wrote:

Not trying to be the bad news bear or anything......But if you request a CLI at the 3rd 6th or 12th month or the 1st 2nd or 3rd month it is still a SOFT PULL, which means they are checking the credit report...and 650-660 are not exactly "good scores" in any light. . Maybe that may play a factor??? I am sure scores are not the only part of the equation..but scores are a part of the equation. People with less than honorable scores should be looking to improve the credit profile instead of reading forums and trying to get 5k, 10k, and 20k+ cards like "everyone else". Personally Discover is one of my Top 3 cards.

I also asked Discover for a CLI at 90 days, 3 months, 6 months, 9 months and just a couple of days ago and no dice, just the usual, "You're account is scheduled for review." They gave me a 795 FICO last month, so is this not enough for a CLI? It's my bubble gum and soda card now.

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 27 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.