Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover is now showing FICO on user account and not just statement

tag
MMB85
Contributor

Discover is now showing FICO on user account and not just statement

My statement doesn't get cut until tomorrow. The previous two months I had to wait until the statement was cut and available for download in order to see my FICO. Just now I went into my account, went into the statement section and there is a direct link to your FICO score. Is that new? I thought this whole time the only way to see it was on your statement. Anywas, my FICO dated 2/13/14 went up 14 points and is now 761 Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
NonSufficientFunds
Frequent Contributor

Re: Discover is now showing FICO on user account and not just statement

@MMB85 wrote:

My statement doesn't get cut until tomorrow. The previous two months I had to wait until the statement was cut and available for download in order to see my FICO. Just now I went into my account, went into the statement section and there is a direct link to your FICO score. Is that new? I thought this whole time the only way to see it was on your statement. Anywas, my FICO dated 2/13/14 went up 14 points and is now 761 Smiley Happy

WOW - This is the best news of the day !!! 

I thought I would have to wait another fourteen days to see my updated FICO - but there it is: a big jump from 772 to 799 in just two weeks. 

Discover is geting better all the time.  Thanks for letting us know about this recent development.

Message 2 of 13
DavidZeng
Regular Contributor

STILL no Fico For meSmiley Sad

Message 3 of 13
DavidZeng
Regular Contributor

Will Discover update the fico score every week?

Message 4 of 13
MMB85
Contributor

@DavidZeng wrote:

Will Discover update the fico score every week?

No, I think it is the same as before where it gets updated a few days before your statement is cut. Like, my statement cuts on the 19th, and the credit score date is dated the 13th. So it will probabaly still be a monthly day and will have to wait til that specific date that is set up for your account.

Message 5 of 13
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Smiley Happy Good to know thanks for sharing.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 6 of 13
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

WTG on your score increase, thanks for the info!  

I was approved for IT last month (13th), no signs of statement being generated....i don't even have a due date yet....is this normal?

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 7 of 13
RushXTC
Established Contributor

Nice, Thanks! 705 here... Even with 30 inquiries =P!

Message 8 of 13
celluloid17
Established Contributor

Do they update your Fico only after you use the card?  My statement closing date is on the 18th.  The date of their last Fico pull for me was January 12.  My statement closes today and I haven't used the card this past month, will I still get the most current Fico number or do I have to use the card first?

Message 9 of 13
MMB85
Contributor

@celluloid17 wrote:

Do they update your Fico only after you use the card?  My statement closing date is on the 18th.  The date of their last Fico pull for me was January 12.  My statement closes today and I haven't used the card this past month, will I still get the most current Fico number or do I have to use the card first?

Correct, they only cut a statement and update your score if you use the card in the period. No use means no statement, no score.

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.