Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover is really good

tag
lithium78
Established Contributor

Discover is really good

I just called Discover to ask them about possibly getting an interest rate reduction.  My rate is 22.9%, because back when I applied a couple of years ago I didn't have the best credit.  They weren't able to give me a permanent reduction at this time, but they did offer me six months at 1.9%, which was nice of them.  They said that they would put a note on my account and the next time they update they could look into a permanent reduction of some type.

I love doing business with Discover.  They are a really good company.

Starting Score: TU: 566
Current Score: TU: 741 (Discover FICO); EQ: 755 (MyFico) EX: 774 (FAKO)
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Discover is really good

That's great! I like a company who appreciates a good customer. 

Message 2 of 8
LionLaw
Frequent Contributor

I did the same thing. Asked for an APR reduction in July; I couldn't get a permanent reduction, but I got a 6-month promo rate. Called again when that expired, and got my permanent APR reduced by 2 points. I never carry a balance on my Discover, but I still want to get my rate as low as possible, in case I ever have to.
Message 3 of 8
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@LionLaw wrote:
I did the same thing. Asked for an APR reduction in July; I couldn't get a permanent reduction, but I got a 6-month promo rate. Called again when that expired, and got my permanent APR reduced by 2 points. I never carry a balance on my Discover, but I still want to get my rate as low as possible, in case I ever have to.

Any HP's ? 

Message 4 of 8
LionLaw
Frequent Contributor

Nope, no HPs
Message 5 of 8
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Thats great!

I wouldnt mind asking myself but I always PIF on that card.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 6 of 8
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

That's excellent news! I'm still in the promo period but I will file this info away. 

Message 7 of 8
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Even temporary, that's a sweet reduction in APR, Congrats!

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.