Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover is stalking me...

tag
IgnatiusReilly
Regular Contributor

Discover is stalking me...

Just looked at my full report and Discover is softing me 4 times a month. I don't have the card but get offers all of the time. What's with the frequency of the pulls?
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
red259
Super Contributor

Re: Discover is stalking me...

@IgnatiusReilly wrote:
Just looked at my full report and Discover is softing me 4 times a month. I don't have the card but get offers all of the time. What's with the frequency of the pulls?

What gets me is the discover offer in my mailbox every single week. It just doesn't stop with them. I may pick up a discover card down the line, but not for at least six months maybe a year. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 2 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have about 30 mailers from them just from may. its crazy. and they are crappy offers that arent solid, and list an APR range anyway....  plus theres already 1 discover card in this house anyway so if I do anything under the 5+5% category i swipe it and pay it.

Message 3 of 17
IgnatiusReilly
Regular Contributor

I haven't even opened the envelopes. I have no clue what the terms are because I don't need the card. It is interesting that Discover is putting on a full court marketing press...
Message 4 of 17
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Some people they love stalking and hope you will  crack

Message 5 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

crap offers or not, im glad I am starting to be stalked! its a sign my score is on the up and up! my favorite memory of being stalked was just in 3 months watching my citi mail offers go from 22.9APR, to 19.9 APR, to 0 for 18 months then 13.9 APR. That was a great feeling. Wont happen again for a while lol.

Message 6 of 17
IgnatiusReilly
Regular Contributor

Nice, jfriend. Although it is nearly heresy to say this here, I am good on cards. Aside from the Ritz card when there is the 140k point bonus, I am done. But it is nice to be liked. I especially enjoy the random, once a year First Premier offers.
Message 7 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@IgnatiusReilly wrote:

They were doing the same thing with me last year, up until August when I apped and got a card.

Message 8 of 17
Kb109
Frequent Contributor

They are relentless!!! LOL I used to work for them and people would call in all the time about it. If you call them, they can take you off their solicitation list. Smiley Happy

Filed Ch7: 6/21/17
Discharged: 10/03/17
Current FICO8 Scores as of 2/10/2019: EX 651, TU 678, EQ 679
My Cards: 1FBUSA $2,900 (survived BK7 and is my oldest account!), Fingerhut $1,100, CreditOne $900, Ollo Rewards $2,500, LendUp Arrow card $2,000, CapitalOne Platinum $3,000. GARDENING FOR THE NEXT TWO YEARS!
Message 9 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm still getting the horrid, pathetic crap offers from these sub prime cards. 30% APR, 200$ AF....pfffft. Makes me sad tho cause I'm no where near being ready for the prime cards. One more year.....
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.