Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover is teasing me

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover is teasing me

A couple of weeks ago, despite knowing that the Discover pre-qual site isn't really worth a hill of beans...I checked and received my "offer" with a more targeted range.  Instead of it being the full 10-22% range, it was much nore narrrow at 15-18%.  I got a follow-up mailer with the same information.  So today I go in to check again to see if the range was still there, well lo and behold, it dropped to a lower range 12-15%.

My Venture card finally reported (15K @ 17.9%), so I think that may have something to do with the APR range lowering.

I really do want to apply for the Discover because I really like the balance transfer option....BUUUUUUT...I think I will stay with my bronze spade for now and just let my current credit continue to grow.

I am thinking that I may just hold off for a year on Discover unless I really think the BT promo is a need, but I am glad to know that I am on their radar.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Momof5
Frequent Contributor

Re: Discover is teasing me

I had a similar experience.  I got the "no deals for you!" page for a time.  I finally got "you are preapproved for the Discover IT apr 10% - 22%(range)" and I didn't want to get one at the high rate so I didn't pull the trigger.  Did another prequal a couple of weeks later and got the 12-15% range, so I pulled the trigger.  I got $3500 SL and I forget the rate but I think it was 15% range.

Starting Score: 472
Current Score: EQ:703 TU: 729 EX:737
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am holding out for a possibly higher SL to make a BT better on util as well as 0% interest hence the possible year waiting period.  I just was shocked the APRs actually narrowed.  Keeping hope alive...LOL

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

You should app because they may change their minds later
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.