Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover is weird.

tag
lithium78
Established Contributor

Discover is weird.

Discover sent me an offer for a Discover It card.  Only problem is that I've had a Discover It card already for over two years.  The left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing, I guess.  Weird.

Starting Score: TU: 566
Current Score: TU: 741 (Discover FICO); EQ: 755 (MyFico) EX: 774 (FAKO)
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Discover is weird.

You can have more than 1 Discover, sounds like they are offering you another.

Message 2 of 7
mikka1
Frequent Contributor

Discover has been the biggest spammer in my area lately. In fact I start to get pi**ed and serious annoyed, LOL.

They used to send invitations in the name of my wife almost every 2 weeks. I called them and asked to stop it - they did.

Now they send offers in the names of my parents (I added them as AU on a couple of my cards) and in the name of my friend (also an AU). 6-8 envelopes every month.

I tried to call them again, but they don't want to remove "third parties" from their mailing list based on someone's call. Fugg, it's MY address!!! MY MAILBOX!

I really like Discover, but the amount of junk mail coming from them has skyrocketed lately. I wonder how many letters they need to send to realize that the person will NOT apply for their card...

In my wallet now: Amex PRG NPSL, Amex BCE $15k $17k (thanks to recent CLI), Chase Freedom 11k, CSP $6k, Chase United ME $5k, Citi Dividend $5.6k, Discover It $4.5k and a handful of other cards...
TU Dec 2013 - 752Sep 2013 - 764 - new all time maximum

Obsolete data aboveCurrent TU - probably around ~810, only using a few Chase & BofA cards now, not applying for much until we buy a house
Message 3 of 7
aubie1kenobie2
Frequent Contributor

I got the letters for 3 months, and even after I went ahead and got approved, I still got them. Yep, weird. It stopped after a while though.

Starting Score: No credit history in July 2013, 663 in August (lender pulled)
Current Score: 773 (Discover FICO), 749 (DCU EQ)
Ultimate goal: Buy a house in 2016!
Message 4 of 7
zerobacan
Established Contributor

Get the return envelopes on the mail and annoy the heck out of them and help the postal services ;-)
Amex PRG NPSL, Amex Delta 2k (AU) Discover iT 5k, BOFA Siggy $5k, BOFA AlaskaAir Siggy 5k, BBVA Compass $5k! Macy's $4.5k, C1 $2.5, SFCU $2.5k, SFCU LOC $2k, Paypal SmartC $4k, Sam's 5.5k Victoria Secret $2k, Kay's $1.7k.,76/Citi $1.5k Amazon $5k, Walmart Disco $3k JC Penny $4k, C1 $2.5, BBRZ 700.
Starting:TU:536 EXP:561 : EQ:552 Current:TU:680 Walmart (2-15-14)EXP:712 FICO!! (12-4-13):EQ:622 (FICO 2-6-14) Uti 27% Goal: 720 By 12-13.
Message 5 of 7
avv7c0
Regular Contributor

Ha ha ha, I love this idea!!!
----------------------------------------------------------
Fico Scores:
EQ - 811 (Feb '14)
TU - 829 (Mar '14)
EX - 814 (Mar '12) - Lender Pull
Message 6 of 7
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

@lithium78 wrote:

Discover sent me an offer for a Discover It card.  Only problem is that I've had a Discover It card already for over two years.  The left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing, I guess.  Weird.

A friend at the USPS told me that usually credit card ads are paid as a "bulk" mailing, so how ever many mailings are paid for, that's what goes out regardless of if you respond or not. It's like seeing a commercial for a store sale two days after the sale is over...lol...it's already paid for, so they just let it run.

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.