cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover it CLI with co-applicant.

tag
schoolgal

Discover it CLI with co-applicant.

Hi. I have a Disover it card with a $0 balance. I opened it 5 1/2 months ago with a co-applicant. We were given a $3,000 limit. My mother is the co-applicant but she has never used the card. If she calls to ask for the CLI, will they base it on her credit alone?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Discover it CLI with co-applicant.

Welcome to the forum. If your Mom is a joint applicant both credit profiles are reviewed. If she's just an AU, then no
Message 2 of 5
schoolgal

thank you for your reply. i did some damage to my credit in junior college and am in medical school now. Although I now have store cards and subprime cards that I PIF every month, the fact that my school loans are increasing my debt-to-income ration is doing nothing for my credit score. That is the reason why my mom agreed to be my co-applicant on my discover card. I guess I'll wait for them to increase it on their own.

Message 3 of 5
schoolgal

An update.

My mother called and asked for a CLI. They asked her why she asked for a CLI considering she never used her card. She told them that she only used it online, since they would have no way or knowing that it wasn't her, since the numbers on our cards are the same. She said that she wanted to book a large vacation. They saw that the account was PIF every week and had around $4k in charges every month. They gave her a $1,500 bump and said that they would consider a higher amount in a few months if she showed activity on her card. She has given it to me to use, since she doesn't use it at all.

Message 4 of 5
myjourney
Super Contributor

@schoolgal wrote:

An update.

My mother called and asked for a CLI. They asked her why she asked for a CLI considering she never used her card. She told them that she only used it online, since they would have no way or knowing that it wasn't her, since the numbers on our cards are the same. She said that she wanted to book a large vacation. They saw that the account was PIF every week and had around $4k in charges every month. They gave her a $1,500 bump and said that they would consider a higher amount in a few months if she showed activity on her card. She has given it to me to use, since she doesn't use it at all.

Congarts 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.