Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover it Chrome Secured Card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover it Chrome Secured Card

Hello! I just submitted my security deposit for my secured Discover it card and I only put down $200 just to get used to the card since I'm new to credit and I have other cards that I am using. Just waiting to see where it will fit in my daily life. Anyways, I just wanted to know if I could call Discover and put more money down to increase my credit line. Does Discover allow you to increase your secured card's credit line once you have put the security deposit down?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
msbia
Established Contributor

Re: Discover it Chrome Secured Card

No. Your initial deposit is your credit line and they won't allow you to change it, as far as I know. Congrats on getting in with Discover!

Personal Credit? Check. Business Credit? Check.
Mission Accomplished.
Thanks MyFico!
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ahh wel that sucks, but at least I'm in with Discover now! 

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@msbia wrote:

No. Your initial deposit is your credit line and they won't allow you to change it, as far as I know. Congrats on getting in with Discover!

This is why I advised to deposit as much as possible.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

What about when I graduate? Typically what will my credit limit become when I graduate from an unsecured card?
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have heard of two people successfully graduating. Both parties unsecured what they already had. One was $2500 unsecured an remain the same an the other unsecured at $200 which also stayed the same.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.