Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover it..Send me a gift

tag
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

Re: Discover it..Send me a gift

@nyancat wrote:

Discover has never sent me one of these, it seriously is a practice that makes me HATE Discover as it's the most clear, blatant "we don't like you as much as x" that any card company does. Just nasty and childish, really.

Don't take it personally. I never get any free gifts from Discover either, but I still like them. Smiley Happy

Message 31 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

I pay around ten cents a cup for coffee, and I don't have to wait in line.

Message 32 of 48
Gunnar419
Valued Contributor

@kevinjjc wrote:

@nyancat wrote:

Discover has never sent me one of these, it seriously is a practice that makes me HATE Discover as it's the most clear, blatant "we don't like you as much as x" that any card company does. Just nasty and childish, really.

Don't take it personally. I never get any free gifts from Discover either, but I still like them. Smiley Happy

+1

I'd been a Discover card holder about 15 years before I got one of their $5 GCs. I was still happy. Sure it's a little thing, but it's a nice gesture that other companies don't do at all. Why anybody would HATE a company because it randomly gives out little gifts to customers and hasn't (yet) given one to them is a mystery.

Message 33 of 48
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Agreed, not understanding why people "hate" them if they didn't get one. Seriously it's 5 bucks, lol

I have gotten two from them actually. Who knows what triggers it. I haven't even used them yet, but it's nice to have and just a small gesture that feels more "personal". But at the end of the day, it's 5 bucks, so...anyone saying they hate Discover over it is going a little overboard IMO

Message 34 of 48
joedtx
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@core wrote:

$5 doesn't go far there.  All worked up over what amounts to a free cup of coffee?  Seriously?  There's free coffee at the bank if you need some that badly.

Discover, if you need gift ideas for me, I would like a swimsuit calendar featuring your cheerful employees like Ryanair has.  Thanks in advance.

Yuck, have you ever actually tasted bank coffee?

Disgusting.

Nix maybe you need to try a better bank, just sayin' if you are banking at 'Bobs Kountry Kommunity Bank' with the B spelled backwards they may be a bit stingy Smiley Tongue

j/k bud.... 

Message 35 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

@joedtx wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@core wrote:

$5 doesn't go far there.  All worked up over what amounts to a free cup of coffee?  Seriously?  There's free coffee at the bank if you need some that badly.

Discover, if you need gift ideas for me, I would like a swimsuit calendar featuring your cheerful employees like Ryanair has.  Thanks in advance.

Yuck, have you ever actually tasted bank coffee?

Disgusting.

Nix maybe you need to try a better bank, just sayin' if you are banking at 'Bobs Kountry Kommunity Bank' with the B spelled backwards they may be a bit stingy Smiley Tongue

j/k bud.... 

Primary bank is Chase. Smiley Indifferent

Lol.

Message 36 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Well I'm not that worked ov.... No! No! You know what? I've been a customer since 2004 I would like to feel appreciated as a customer by getting some free shiz from Starbucks, even it's only 5 bucks worth.

Now where is that 50 bucks visa gift card I won at the dental lab convention? At least that'll make me feel better! 😒

From your signatiure, it appears you have quite a few other cards.   Now, here at Discover we realize that people may have had cards before obtaining THE card, or need one when being forced at gunpoint to buy something from a merchant that doesn't take Discover.   But those that persist in collecting and yes, using, other cards, really won't get our love.   Close all the other cards and we might, in time, send you a $5 Starbucks card.

How does that explain the fact I got one of these $5 GC's?

Only my "higher power" could answer that question Smiley Wink

Message 37 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

@blessed-man1980 wrote:

Nice surprise from Dscover it . Not much but made me smile  Smiley Happy. 5$ startbucks gift card. its an e gift and I wonder if i'm going to get the card in the mail. I'm thinking to give this card to someone since I hardly go to starbucks ..

Congrats! Discover does some special things once in awhile. Can't think of any other vender that does it.

Message 38 of 48
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

I got one of these in my email yesterday too, it was a nice little suprise from someone who normally takes our money lol

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 39 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ojefferyo wrote:

I got one of these in my email yesterday too, it was a nice little suprise from someone who normally takes our money lol

Oh yeah. It doesn't even begin to remedy all the interest we've paid them over the years....I will say this though. The CC interest we paid is FAR less than the Interest we would have paid on a mortgage had we not chosen to buy our current home cash.

Message 40 of 48
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.