tag
joedtx
Valued Contributor

Re: Discover it..Send me a gift

@Anonymous wrote:

@joedtx wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@core wrote:

$5 doesn't go far there.  All worked up over what amounts to a free cup of coffee?  Seriously?  There's free coffee at the bank if you need some that badly.

Discover, if you need gift ideas for me, I would like a swimsuit calendar featuring your cheerful employees like Ryanair has.  Thanks in advance.

Yuck, have you ever actually tasted bank coffee?

Disgusting.

Nix maybe you need to try a better bank, just sayin' if you are banking at 'Bobs Kountry Kommunity Bank' with the B spelled backwards they may be a bit stingy Smiley Tongue

j/k bud.... 

Primary bank is Chase. Smiley Indifferent

Lol.

@Anonymous wrote:

@joedtx wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@core wrote:

$5 doesn't go far there.  All worked up over what amounts to a free cup of coffee?  Seriously?  There's free coffee at the bank if you need some that badly.

Discover, if you need gift ideas for me, I would like a swimsuit calendar featuring your cheerful employees like Ryanair has.  Thanks in advance.

Yuck, have you ever actually tasted bank coffee?

Disgusting.

Nix maybe you need to try a better bank, just sayin' if you are banking at 'Bobs Kountry Kommunity Bank' with the B spelled backwards they may be a bit stingy Smiley Tongue

j/k bud.... 

Primary bank is Chase. Smiley Indifferent

Lol.

A bank based out of Gotham City......hmmmmm

Message 41 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

Approved for Discover Apr. 2014 & received $5 Starbucks gift card in. . . I wanna say May? Barely finished it two weeks ago (or I should say my aunt finished it) because I never go to Starbucks. I went about a month ago JUST to get rid of the gift card, ordered a few things that equalled $5, BAM turns out it was happy hour or something & the items I got was half off Smiley Mad

Message 42 of 48
core
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I went about a month ago JUST to get rid of the gift card, ordered a few things that equalled $5, BAM turns out it was happy hour or something & the items I got was half off Smiley Mad

Oh, happy hour?  Does Starbucks sell adult beverages?  If so, maybe that $5 card isn't as useless as I thought.  Now I'm willing to accept one.  But I'm not paying a bunch of interest to Discover to get one... I have a feeling they only send them out to people that have handed Discover a lot of money, and I ain't talkin about purchases.

Message 43 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

@core wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I went about a month ago JUST to get rid of the gift card, ordered a few things that equalled $5, BAM turns out it was happy hour or something & the items I got was half off Smiley Mad

Oh, happy hour?  Does Starbucks sell adult beverages?  If so, maybe that $5 card isn't as useless as I thought.  Now I'm willing to accept one.  But I'm not paying a bunch of interest to Discover to get one... I have a feeling they only send them out to people that have handed Discover a lot of money, and I ain't talkin about purchases.

Some Starbucks locations sell wine and beer.

http://www.starbucks.com/coffeehouse/starbucks-stores/starbucks-evenings

Message 44 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

@core wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

lol nope, this was during my 0% inro rate days, & I only spent at the most $400 on the card YTD at that time. But still haven't paid a cent of interest to CCCs yet in my whole year (almost) of credit life. I have enough of that on my student loans

Message 45 of 48
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@core wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Some Starbucks locations sell wine and beer.

http://www.starbucks.com/coffeehouse/starbucks-stores/starbucks-evenings

I'm not old enough even if there is one close to me Smiley Sad 

But I did look at the locations, there's only one in DC & it wasn't the one I went to

Message 46 of 48
core
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
lol nope, this was during my 0% inro rate days, & I only spent at the most $400 on the card YTD at that time. But still haven't paid a cent of interest to CCCs yet in my whole year (almost) of credit life. I have enough of that on my student loans

Interesting. I've only had mine for around 10 months, have maxed out the $1500 every quarter, and no free beers. Only 5% category spend, so I guess they have labeled me as a naughty boy. Still though, all that cash back pays for a lot of Starbucks beers, way more than $5 so I came out ahead.

Message 47 of 48
joedtx
Valued Contributor

I got the $5 Starbucks card I thought it was a nice gesture, sure i'd prefer one to Seattles Best but hey its still a free gift.

Message 48 of 48
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.