Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover it Student CLI

tag
salek10
Regular Contributor

Discover it Student CLI

Hello All,

I got my dicover student version in Dec 2013. I read somewhere in the forums that you could request a CLI after 3 months, so I called Discover (the online luv button says that It can't complete my request online) and I got to talk to an account manager. My request was denied and then I got a letter earlier last week telling me that It was becuase it is still consider a new account. Does anyone know if the 3 month CLI is only for the regular version? and if it is, then does anyone know when do student version IT card is 

eligible for a CLI??? 

My Wallet: BofACashRewards $12,500 || Amex EveryDay $12,000 || CSP $6,000 || Fidelity Amex $5,000 || Citi Double Cash $4,400 || Chase Freedom $4,000 || Chase Slate $3,000 || Discover it $3,000 || BofABetterBalance $2,900 || AmexCosto: $2,200 || ExpressStore Card 1,400

FICO Transunion: 730
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
buildafico
Frequent Contributor

Re: Discover it Student CLI

I'd guess they'd wanna see at least 6 months, maybe even a year.
some textsome textsome textsome textsome textsome textsome textsome textsome text>some text
Message 2 of 4
C24Webb
Regular Contributor

I agree with build... The student version might have different CLI timeline requirements.  You should initiate a chat session and just ask.  I'm a new Discover it member and have also seen the three month rule on here, but I asked them to confirm if that was three months total, after three statements, etc.  They provided an answer (three months from account opening) within two minutes.  It's painless and you'll know for future reference.  

If you decide to ask/chat with them, let us know what they say for the student card.  And good luck!

Card/Limit/Opened — Discover it: $27,600 2/14 | Chase Sapphire Preferred: $10,500 7/14 | Banana Republic Visa: $10,000 7/14 | USAA Cash Rewards Visa Signature: $9,000 6/11 | Chase Freedom: $2,000 3/12
History — AAoA: 42 months | Oldest account: 119 months (including AU) | Inquiries: 1 EX 0 EQ 0 TU | Score: 765 (Discover TU) 750 (USAA CreditCheck Monitoring EX FAKO)
Message 3 of 4
salek10
Regular Contributor

Yeah Build was right! I just chatted with a CSR and she said that it is due to my history and that I can apply for a CLI every 45 days in between requests. So next month on the 7th I will be able to re-apply and she says that a little bit more usuage will help me get a higher limit.... I forgot to ask about how different the timeline was from the regular version and the student version.

Thanks guys for the advice and the quick responses!

My Wallet: BofACashRewards $12,500 || Amex EveryDay $12,000 || CSP $6,000 || Fidelity Amex $5,000 || Citi Double Cash $4,400 || Chase Freedom $4,000 || Chase Slate $3,000 || Discover it $3,000 || BofABetterBalance $2,900 || AmexCosto: $2,200 || ExpressStore Card 1,400

FICO Transunion: 730
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.