Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover it and "Recommended Offer"

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Discover it and "Recommended Offer"

1.  iT Card is the first Card I see when I go to Discover.com and it's also the only Card that coming up to look at and or apply, so unsure all the talk recently of not finding it promoted anymore.

2.  I did the find custom offer for you and it came back "Recommended Offer for you"  I feel like that's no language I have heard on either of the 2 occasions I either did this or watched someone else do it and then apply off it and get instant approval...

Is this new wording and they are offering this card to me or is this the language for you are not pre-approved with us but feel free to apply for this card??

Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

Re: Discover it and "Recommended Offer"

Discover IT

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 2 of 26
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Message 3 of 26
patsfan1453
Regular Contributor

Discover IT is the only card I see as well. Is this the new More?

Amex Everyday 6k || Chase Sapphire 5k || Buypower Card 5k || USAA Wounded Warrior Mastercard 4k || Citi TYP 4.9k|| Citi Forward 5.5k || Discover It 2k || Chase Freedom 5.5k || Walmart 1k || Chase Amazon 1k
Business: Chase ink cash 5k || AMEX Simply Cash 3.8k
Total CLs: 48.7k
Message 4 of 26
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 5 of 26
jake619
Frequent Contributor

They must have read my post about it being "hidden".  This is new as of today.

Message 6 of 26
PokemonMaster
Frequent Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

1.  iT Card is the first Card I see when I go to Discover.com and it's also the only Card that coming up to look at and or apply, so unsure all the talk recently of not finding it promoted anymore.

2.  I did the find custom offer for you and it came back "Recommended Offer for you"  I feel like that's no language I have heard on either of the 2 occasions I either did this or watched someone else do it and then apply off it and get instant approval...

Is this new wording and they are offering this card to me or is this the language for you are not pre-approved with us but feel free to apply for this card??

I googled Discover More and clicked on the link for the card. It redirected me to the IT card and is also the only one I see on the site so it looks like it's replacing the More card. I wonder if they will eventually force people to product change over? As for your second question, I believe that's just Discover telling you that your free to apply and not pre-approved since it says "Recommended."

Does anyone with the card recommend switching over? I am tempted by product changing to IT but I love my More card.

Message 7 of 26
jake619
Frequent Contributor

Funny because yesterday the hover bar links had the cards listed as personal and business; no mention of IT.  Had to type IT in search box to find it.  What a difference a day makes.

Message 8 of 26
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

According to Phone Rep I spoke with about applying Discover does not to Pre-Approvals ABOVE just buying information about people that "may" fit... she said they can not HP or SP someone without more info... I asked if this was a new Discover Thing because I was pretty sure the "pre-approval" link use to actually find offers based on a SP and had seen someone get approved after doing this... she said not possible.

So I again said okay is this a Discover thing because if you are saying banks can't do SP to offer cards to you based on SP you are very wrong... we have many banks these days that make offers on website after SP.

still not sure, I have found Discover reps being much more knowledgable and nice in the past 6+ months then this lady was.

oh well Im not applying.

as far as iT, think it's basically exact same as More, I would switch for the card design! lol

Message 9 of 26
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

@patsfan1453 wrote:

Discover IT is the only card I see as well. Is this the new More?

Same here, first time ever for me. FWIW, I'm in New York.

Message 10 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.