Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover it approaval

tag
tjones9234
Contributor

Discover it approaval

How's discover with approvals with baddies reporting? Old charge off etc? 1 2 year old collection.. EQ is 679 myfico 2% utilization .. Aaoa 4.2 ... 1 new account past 6 months, 2 inqs last 6 on eq
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover it approaval

@tjones9234 wrote:
How's discover with approvals with baddies reporting? Old charge off etc? 1 2 year old collection.. EQ is 679 myfico 2% utilization .. Aaoa 4.2 ... 1 new account past 6 months, 2 inqs last 6 on eq

You might get an approval.

I was approved with a 637 EQ, 2 OLD c/o's, and a couple medical collections. AAoA 3.3, 5 new accounts last 6 mos, and 17% utl.

Message 2 of 12
tjones9234
Contributor

What cl did you get
Message 3 of 12
enharu
Super Contributor

@tjones9234 wrote:

they are generally somewhat lenient.

I think your approval odds are decent, though I am guessing they will approve you for a lower CL.

They also offer a secured option if they cannot offer you an unsecured card.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@tjones9234 wrote:
What cl did you get

$1,800

Message 5 of 12
tjones9234
Contributor

Yeah that would be a no go based on the other prime cards in my portfolio amex citi bofa etc.. Worried about a crappy cl .. I have fairly decent limits , are they known to match
Message 6 of 12
enharu
Super Contributor

@tjones9234 wrote:
Yeah that would be a no go based on the other prime cards in my portfolio amex citi bofa etc.. Worried about a crappy cl .. I have fairly decent limits , are they known to match

lenders usually use your current limits as "benchmarks", but theres no guarantee they will match. if your income supports it, then chances of them matching or even issuing a higher CL is higher.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@tjones9234 wrote:

No, But you may be able to Recon the limit.

With your EQ and overall profile i forsee at least a $3,000 CL.

Message 8 of 12
tjones9234
Contributor

Thanks for the input I applied a few months back with a weird old amex co reporting from 2012... Eq was 647 then ..That has dropped off, might pull the trigger.. I hear this disocver is popular around here
Message 9 of 12
tjones9234
Contributor

Is the chrome better if I want to use this for a lot of gas purchases?
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.