Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover it card - Magenta color?!?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover it card - Magenta color?!?

i got my Discover IT (blue) last year in the fall and it came with the magnet strip on top just as all my other credit/debt cards. take pic of the garnet if you can. i see one pic on the web ''discover garnet'' but looks more pinkish than redish. 

Message 21 of 36
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

@VirtualCuriosity wrote:

@EndlessRoad wrote:

@VirtualCuriosity wrote:

@EndlessRoad wrote:

I just got a second card in copper.  I get compliments quite a bit on the card, my DG just got the plum card as well its pretty cool looking too. Congrats on the Discover card and enjoy it, I've been using it waaaay to much Smiley Happy

So, it doesn't look bad?  I was going to try it out, but the pic on the site makes it look like it's not very attractive.

I agree I saw the picture online and it was more brown.  But the actual card has a nice metalic copper color looks nice with the orange "IT" and silver "DISCOVER".  I really like the card!  The plum is awesome too...for the ladies of course lol. 

Thanks.  I am going to order the copper too.  My DW has the purple one and looks cool for the ladies.

I actually Like the Purple one myself and considering getting it and I am far from being a Lady Smiley Tongue

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 22 of 36
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

i got my Discover IT (blue) last year in the fall and it came with the magnet strip on top just as all my other credit/debt cards. take pic of the garnet if you can. i see one pic on the web ''discover garnet'' but looks more pinkish than redish. 

I have it and it looks like what it is showed online 

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
Message 23 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

i was looking at the plum too. I feel bad though i want like all the designs!!!  i like the new york too. I mean if i was going to nyc i switch to my new york ddiscover. I also see the beach too that be great to take with you on vacation or when you go to the beach Smiley Very Happy  FALL i switch to copper Smiley Very Happy  fall color. 

Message 24 of 36
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

i was looking at the plum too. I feel bad though i want like all the designs!!!  i like the new york too. I mean if i was going to nyc i switch to my new york ddiscover. I also see the beach too that be great to take with you on vacation or when you go to the beach Smiley Very Happy  FALL i switch to copper Smiley Very Happy  fall color. 

I don't need to be reminded that I live in NYC Smiley Tongue

Message 25 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Closingracer99 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I don't need to be reminded that I live in NYC Smiley Tongue

no it just shows who ever you give the card to nyc is where the money is Smiley Very Happy

Message 26 of 36
taxi818
Super Contributor

Funny I'm not sure of that. I went to manhattan a month ago from Florida. Stopped in Empire State Building because I saw a AT&T there. Broke my phone. They ran my credit and seemed shocked. Score was only 730 before drop. Then they sold me phone no money down. But you are right that is where the big money is. 

Message 27 of 36
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

@taxi818 wrote:

Funny I'm not sure of that. I went to manhattan a month ago from Florida. Stopped in Empire State Building because I saw a AT&T there. Broke my phone. They ran my credit and seemed shocked. Score was only 730 before drop. Then they sold me phone no money down. But you are right that is where the big money is. 

As a Tourist NYC is fine ... but living here God it can't get any worse lol.... $4 dollars a gallon of Gas ( Thank god I don't drive), $4 dollar pretzels , $3+ Hotdogs, $3 dollar sodas, $3 dollar water bottles and $6-$12 Beer (Per bottle)

Of course thats why the Big money is here Smiley Tongue

Message 28 of 36
arthompson3529
New Contributor

Sounds like our cost-of-living in Hawaii. Our sales tax is low though.

I have the Humane Society design for my Discover IT and love the dog and cat. My landlords run a rescue, so we are particularly cat and dog friendly on our property. My card design fits right in!
In the garden as of 07/15/14 - a baby seedling
Message 29 of 36
irrational
Frequent Contributor

@Closingracer99 wrote:

@VirtualCuriosity wrote:

@EndlessRoad wrote:

@VirtualCuriosity wrote:

@EndlessRoad wrote:

I just got a second card in copper.  I get compliments quite a bit on the card, my DG just got the plum card as well its pretty cool looking too. Congrats on the Discover card and enjoy it, I've been using it waaaay to much Smiley Happy

So, it doesn't look bad?  I was going to try it out, but the pic on the site makes it look like it's not very attractive.

I agree I saw the picture online and it was more brown.  But the actual card has a nice metalic copper color looks nice with the orange "IT" and silver "DISCOVER".  I really like the card!  The plum is awesome too...for the ladies of course lol. 

Thanks.  I am going to order the copper too.  My DW has the purple one and looks cool for the ladies.

I actually Like the Purple one myself and considering getting it and I am far from being a Lady Smiley Tongue

I LOVE my purple Discover!!! Very much a guy, and still proud of my purple credit card... Lol.

Ive been using it a lot this quarter at the gas station, and a week or so ago one of the attendants just stared at it... He then said "Nice card, I bet it has good rewards"... I'm like damn skippy it does!

Current Score: TU (discover) 720 - 6/29/14 | EQ (score watch) 777 - 7/19/14 - Last App 7/21/14

NPSL          |      $27,600         |      $15,000      |      $7,000      |     $2,800     |      $11,000    |      $13,530      |      $5,200
Message 30 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.