Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover it card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover it card

and to anyone that can produce the magic "approval number" you can go ahead and pm me and give me some magic, too Smiley Wink lol
Message 11 of 18
red259
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
not to mention you've apped for a few cards recently, am i wrong? they may approve you and shock you with $10k or shock you with $2k. they're probably the most fickle to understand.

Apped for two cards in last six months. One is pending the other is a business card that doesn't show on report. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 12 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

oh gotcha. seemed like more.
Message 13 of 18
red259
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
oh gotcha. seemed like more.

Honestly it feels like I apped for more, but I don't think I did. Smiley Surprised

;
Message 14 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

lol. i wish i could redo 2015 for sure
Message 15 of 18
red259
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
lol. i wish i could redo 2015 for sure

I definetly had a decent haul of points in 2015. I have to burn some of these points now though. Soo much work figuring out the redemptions.

;
Message 16 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

yeah i gave up on MR and just used the points as statement credit since they were letting you use 20% less lol. figured why not. 80 cents an MR. most useful use to me ha.
Message 17 of 18
GeorgiaBulldog
Regular Contributor

I'll throw in my own data points on Discover's starting limits...

Of all my cards, I got the highest starting limit with Discover (and it remains only $100 under my current highest limit).  However, I had only 2 inquiries on EQ at the time and a very thin file (4 total CCs and 1 of those may not have been reporting yet).  Can't quite recall, but there's a good chance my scores were 760+

Debt-to-income ratio is poor thanks to student loans, but I have no baddies.

Something interesting I noticed about Discover that I haven't seen from other lenders that I can recall... In their app, they asked about education levels.  Perhaps having a graduate degree helped my app good enough for them to be my most generous starting limit.  I'm not sure, though.  I'd actually be interested in hearing from other folks about their education level and other profile information as it pertains to Discover starting limits.

One more thing about my app:  I used a code from a mailer addressed to me with a 10.99-14.99% APR range listed.

Still, not sure how Discover will act with a thicker file and whether that starting limit would scale up in a linear fashion if all stats were the same but with a higher income.

Favorite cards: AMEX Morgan Stanley Platinum | BofA Alaska | Chase Hyatt | Citi AA Executive | FNBO Amtrak
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.