Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover it, cash back?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover it, cash back?

I recently got a Discover it credit card and I can't seem to find where the cash back is at in my account. 

it is supposed to be 5% on certain catergories and 1% on everything else. I see the 5%, havenn't got anything there as I haven't used it in any of those catergories, but I have been using it for stuff here and there and ran about $200 so far and looking for the 1% from that and I just don't see it! 

I also have a Cap one quicksilver and the cash back shows up and is pretty much available pretty quick.

I also have a BOA 1,2,3 cash rewards credit card and the cash back does show up on that one after the statement cuts, but I can also see them as pending untill it does. 

On this Discover it credit card,I can't find the 1% I would be getting so far as pending or anywhere in my account. 

Does it also show up after the statement cuts or what? Do I have to activate the 1% just like you do the 5%? Where do I go to do that in my account, I'm not finding it!

Thanks,

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover it, cash back?

Discover's cash back is given when the statement cuts.
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great, thanks! I figured, but just wanted to make sure as I didn't see anything online as pending or anything, so wanted to make sure I didn't also have to activate the 1% the same as you have to for the 5%.

Message 3 of 8
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Great, thanks! I figured, but just wanted to make sure as I didn't see anything online as pending or anything, so wanted to make sure I didn't also have to activate the 1% the same as you have to for the 5%.

No activation needed for the 1%    CapOne, giving rewards as they post, is much more of an exception than the usual case.  Most issuers give rewards at statement close (or, in the case of many Amex cards, 1 month after that)

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks!

Yeah my Bank of America cash rewards also does it after the statement cuts, but it also does shows as them as pending. I don't see anything for Discover, no pending cash rewards, so that had me curios.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Also, Discover does not clearly display how you got the cash rewards. I used to go through the statement and see if the cash back I received matched up to the 1% and 5% categories. They always matched up so I stopped doing the tedious calculations.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Also, Discover does not clearly display how you got the cash rewards. I used to go through the statement and see if the cash back I received matched up to the 1% and 5% categories. They always matched up so I stopped doing the tedious calculations.

This is one thing I do not like about the Discover site. I think there should, at the very least, be a summary of rewards earned/where. Or, even better, be like Barclaycard and put the rewards points right next to each purchase. At least they do that for the NFL Extra Points card.

Message 7 of 8
newhis
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

This is one thing I do not like about the Discover site. I think there should, at the very least, be a summary of rewards earned/where. Or, even better, be like Barclaycard and put the rewards points right next to each purchase. At least they do that for the NFL Extra Points card.

+1 they should show the points next to each transaction. Sallie Mae shows the points (so it is easy to find out if a Target/WalMart give 5% or not) also Chase shows the points for each transaction.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.