Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover it chances

tag
wolverine1975
Established Member

Discover it chances

Hello everyone, I've been reading these forums for the last couple of months or so, and decided to post for the first time. What would my chances be of obtaining the discover it card in my current situation? EX.673-EQ.670-TU.711 all are Fico scores. The TU report is absolutely clear, EQ has a paid medical bill from 2011, and a paid judgement from 2006...due to drop off in October. Lastly EX has the same paid medical as reported on EQ stated above, and nothing else. As far as inquiries are concerned... it's as follows. Tu=14 EQ=7 EX=17.  Of those inquiries, I got hit with  12 of em" after purchasing my car last year @ 7/4/2012. I hope I haven't forgotten any vital needed information. I would like to say, the people of these forums give really helpful advice...wonderful job!  Thanks in advance for any and all advice.

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
mikey78
Frequent Contributor

Re: Discover it chances

I actually applied for Discover card based on Creditkarma.com's recommedation
they give you history and score based off TU reports and it's free and and my TU Score based on credit Karma was 709 and said i had a good chance of being approved
when i got the card in the mail my equifax fico score was 697

hope this was helpful on my end
Discover does say it requires excellent credit

Current score TU 708, EX 686 EQ 715
Status I.T.Garden Till 08/2014
Message 2 of 13
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Your scores look OK, those Inqs are over a year old, FICO only scores them for a year, so should be good there.  I hope someone with more knowledge than me  will chime in, but it actually looks like you have a good shot to me.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 3 of 13
myjourney
Super Contributor

@wolverine1975 wrote:

@Anonymous everyone, I've been reading these forums for the last couple of months or so, and decided to post for the first time. What would my chances be of obtaining the discover it card in my current situation? EX.673-EQ.670-TU.711 all are Fico scores. The TU report is absolutely clear, EQ has a paid medical bill from 2011, and a paid judgement from 2006...due to drop off in October. Lastly EX has the same paid medical as reported on EQ stated above, and nothing else. As far as inquiries are concerned... it's as follows. Tu=14 EQ=7 EX=17.  Of those inquiries, I got hit with  12 of em" after purchasing my car last year @ 7/4/2012. I hope I haven't forgotten any vital needed information. I would like to say, the people of these forums give really helpful advice...wonderful job!  Thanks in advance for any and all advice.

Welcome to the forum 

Score....ok

2 baddies 1 paid 1 not

large number of INQ...but the car should have no effect because they are over a year old and could be explained during recon

IIMHO could be approved but with small limit

Have you tried to work on your baddies first to increase scores and make CR look better? 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 4 of 13
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Welcome to the forum! Besides the car what other cc's do you have?

Apologies if its in your siggy- I'm on mobile.
Message 5 of 13
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

I think you might get approved with a 1500-2000 limit.
It's great that you have less inqs on EQ as Discover typically pulls EQ. I had a 688 EQ when approved.

Do you have any current credit cards that are > 1 yr old?
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 6 of 13
wolverine1975
Established Member

Thanks for reading and responding. But both baddies are paid. 1 being the judgement on EQ, the other being the medical bill showing on both EQ & EX. Should i wait for the judgement to fall off in October to boost my EQ score? Thanks again

Message 7 of 13
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 8 of 13
WallyxD
Frequent Contributor

What's your AAoA? Though I had a TU score of 702 at the time I applied, they denied me twice (for the student card), because of short history (about 6 months AAoA at the time) and because of the number of inquiries I had within the last 6 months and 24 months. I had about as many inquiries on TU as you do, so I would say its completely up to your AAoA.
AE CC: $1,050 | AEO Visa: $1,890 | Cap1 QS: $2,100 | Chase Freedom: $1,000 | Citi Forward: $1,500 | Citi Double Cash: $1,000 | Discover iT: $500 | GameStop: $1,650 | Overstock: $1,700 | PayPal Smart Connect: $1,500 | Walmart $2,200

TU (Discover): 663 | EQ (Citi): 651
Message 9 of 13
wolverine1975
Established Member

Yes i have a Capital One opened 8/10/10, and a Merrick Bank opened 4/9/13.

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.