Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover it luv button never available

tag
dumaine
Regular Contributor

Re: Discover it luv button never available

I just find it rather strange that after 15 months its never been available (a cli cannot be processed at this time, please call etc etc etc). Yet I guess I should not complain since I got autos every 3 months after the first 6 months wait, with the exception of the 15th month. But the automated phone cli got me this last one.

Message 21 of 35
phillyguy12
Frequent Contributor

Dont feel bad my score has improved since I got it was at 685 now I sit at 725 w. Avg overall ult of 10% or less I got auto luv @ 6 and 9 months pretty sure I got nothing at 1 yr mark and nothing since and its 2 yrs now. The button always days to call. Dont get the option for cli when I call in. Every time I speak to a rep about it they want a hp so I decline
Amx BCE-25k,Amx Zync-NSPL
Barclay's Mastercard-13.5k
Credit Union Visa-1k
Discover-24k, Khols-2k
Message 22 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

phillyguy12 - received auto love at 6 months and then SP increase at 1 year and 2 years. Nothing since with no luv button. Card will hit 3 years in a few days.
Message 23 of 35
phillyguy12
Frequent Contributor

Discover is frustrating only major that has not grown with me and ive tried everything carry bal, pif pay before statement high ult and heavy usage nothing works fot mr w. them. Amx was awesome went from 1k to 9k via soft pulls in a yr. barclay from 1300 to 5600in a yr via auto love. My cu doesn’t do anything w. Out a hp so ive held on growing that no rewards just great rate so its used to carry 2-300 purchases when needed
Amx BCE-25k,Amx Zync-NSPL
Barclay's Mastercard-13.5k
Credit Union Visa-1k
Discover-24k, Khols-2k
Message 24 of 35
manwoot
Frequent Contributor

I've always had luck calling in.  I got my Discover card 03/2013 and since then it has gone from a 1k CL card to a 9k CL card, all with SPs.  Call the number on the back and go through the automated process.  Hopefully there are some success stories in here!

Message 25 of 35
leegreen
Frequent Contributor

The phone option is not there and the online option seems to be disabled in my account. However I am under the assumption that this is because my account is so new 4/28/14.
06/26/2014 - Gardening until 7/1/15
NFCU NavCheck 15k, cashRewards VS 14k, nRewards 14k
Amex BCE 15k, CapOne Quicksilver MC 3k, USAA Platinum MC 2k, Discover It 1k
Jared 5.1K, Zales 5k, Lowe's 15k, Home Depot 5k
Message 26 of 35
hizzaah
Frequent Contributor

I didn't have the phone option until some time during my 5th month
QuickSilver - $20,000 | Amex ED $12,000 | Commence $5,000 | IT $2,200 | Freedom $2,000
Message 27 of 35
bigblue7722
Valued Contributor

It really makes you wonder how discover does the CLI? It makes very little sense to me. And its just bad customer service. 

AMEX PRG NPSL,Lowes $17000,Capital One venture card $12,000,Us Airways mastercard $9500,Fidelity Amex $9000, Discover it $8000, Capital One Venture One $7500, BOA 123 rewards $7500 CSP $6000, Capital One Quicksliver $5500, Amazon Store card$5000,Barclay
Card Ring $5000 Chase Marriott $5000,Chase Hyatt $5000, Sallie Mae Mastercard $4400, Paypal smart connect $4000,Chase Freedom $3200, Capital one Quicksliver visa $3000, Chase IHG Rewards $2300, Chase Southwest Premier $2000, Citi Double Cash $1500, AMEX BCE $1000

Last app July 22nd 2015- No apps for two years.
Message 28 of 35
newhis
Valued Contributor

My DW has a Discover Student since February (she got her SSN in January). No score yet. No credit increase option from the card details. The request credit increase always tells her to call. No phone option.

My Discover is from March, got my ITIN February (no SSN). No score yet. Aftehr my 3rd statement I got the option to request an increase from the card details option below the credit line. I tried to go from 1000 to 2500, the system needs to pull my report, cancel. Few days later tried only 500 more, again they need to pull, cancel. Then the system said that I have a request in progress. Then the statement cut and 8 days after that I'm able to see the increase option again. No phone option yet. I think I'll wait until they show a score for me.

I guess is better to have the regular card than the student card for limits and increases.

Message 29 of 35
BluePoodle
Valued Contributor

I have been trying online since my 3rd statement cut with Discover. I kept getting a number to call in. Well today after reading this tread I decided to try again. I called the number on the back of my card and I am not sure if that is the same number that shows online or not. But the option finally became available and so I did receive an additional $3k. They never said anything about needing to do a HP so I assume it was a SP.  

Just be patient and keep trying...it could be a long time before I receive another one from them, LOL

CapOne $7500 | Discover $8500 | Amex ED $25K | Barclay SM $5700 | Chase Disney $500 | Chase Slate $5K | Target $3K | Hilton Amex $2K
Gardening Since 4/3/2017
Message 30 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.