Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover it pulled EQ?

tag
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

Re: Discover it pulled EQ?

@heygirlhey wrote:

Before you grab the pitchforks, I did search and I saw that it reports to TU.  I even sent a secured message asking them and they said they report to TU. However, they are already listed on my EX and on the back of the welcome letter it shows my FICO score as "745 source: Equifax."  

Can someone please explain this to me?

Discover pulled EQ on me too! Congrats on your approval

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 11 of 19
Uppingmyscore
Established Contributor

I've been privilege enough to have received automatic CLI without asking, but if I should request a HP I've heard it will most likely be TU. So don't be surprise by that.....
My Wallet: Amex Express BCE $27,000, Amex Express Blue Sky $6,000, Delta SkyMiles $10,000, Discover $14,000, Chase Freedom $23,500, Capital One $8,000, SAMS $10,000, and LOWES $10,000
Message 12 of 19
heygirlhey
Established Member

Upping,

Im talking about the initial pull to receive the card, not an increase. Discover told me the norm is to pull EQUIFAX. I wont be asking for an increase for a while. What they gave me initially is sufficient for my needs right now.

@Uppingmyscore wrote:
I've been privilege enough to have received automatic CLI without asking, but if I should request a HP I've heard it will most likely be TU. So don't be surprise by that.....

Message 13 of 19
heygirlhey
Established Member

PS~ Thanks for the welcome messages! 

Message 14 of 19
Uppingmyscore
Established Contributor

I know you were talking about the initial pull, but wanted to let you know about the CLI just in case you got confused again.
My Wallet: Amex Express BCE $27,000, Amex Express Blue Sky $6,000, Delta SkyMiles $10,000, Discover $14,000, Chase Freedom $23,500, Capital One $8,000, SAMS $10,000, and LOWES $10,000
Message 15 of 19
heygirlhey
Established Member

Oh okay thanks!

@Uppingmyscore wrote:
I know you were talking about the initial pull, but wanted to let you know about the CLI just in case you got confused again.

Message 16 of 19
Blackrv7
Frequent Contributor

@heygirlhey wrote:

Good to know I wasn't alone Smooth954! Yes, I think the confusion is because they provide us with a free TU score. I guess most people assume they pull TU.

I got the official word from Discover, so all that "borderline" nonsense is just that, nonsense! haha!

@discover wrote:

Thank you for your message regarding your Discover account. I understand your interest in knowing which credit bureau we pulled from, and I am happy to assist you today! It's hard to give you an exact one, It's different every time. Usually it is from Equifax. However I do not have exact information on this.

I spoke with them on the phone a couple months ago and was told straight up, they pull EQ for approval and TU for CLIs.  That corresponds to what I see on my reports.

Current myFico EX 734, EQ 777, TU 742
AAoA 6 years 3 months, Length 25 years 2 months

Message 17 of 19
Darrell82
Established Contributor

I want this Card .. Lol but i have to wait for a long time.. good to know though. I thought they pulled Equifax but wasnt 100% on that as i saw some say they pulled tru on them in the past.

Message 18 of 19
Leadberry
Established Contributor

@Blackrv7 wrote:

@heygirlhey wrote:

Good to know I wasn't alone Smooth954! Yes, I think the confusion is because they provide us with a free TU score. I guess most people assume they pull TU.

I got the official word from Discover, so all that "borderline" nonsense is just that, nonsense! haha!

@discover wrote:

Thank you for your message regarding your Discover account. I understand your interest in knowing which credit bureau we pulled from, and I am happy to assist you today! It's hard to give you an exact one, It's different every time. Usually it is from Equifax. However I do not have exact information on this.

I spoke with them on the phone a couple months ago and was told straight up, they pull EQ for approval and TU for CLIs.  That corresponds to what I see on my reports.

They pulled TU for me for approval.

FICO Scores 800+
Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.