cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover it question

Established Contributor

Discover it question

So if I went to Discover's pre-approval site (I'm just shocked it worked at all) and was pre-approved for a Discover More is there a good chance I would be approved for the IT as well? I'm not sure I even want to app right now anyway since with less than 2 years AoAA I got a Zync and a Delta Gold so my AoAA has already taken a huge hit. And I want to at least wait until I see if I get the 61 day 3x in November, but I was just curious based on others experience. As always thanks in advance.

What's in my wallet: Cap1 Venture NFCU Sig Visa Delta Gold Amex BCE Citi Simplicity IHG World MC Amazon Visa CSP
Starting Score: 5/2010 550-ish
Current Score: 6/20/2013 TU 800 6/20/2013 EQ 770 6/20/2013 EX 775
Goal Score: 800 accross the board
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES
Mega Contributor

Re: Discover it question


Cageym wrote:
So if I went to Discover's pre-approval site (I'm just shocked it worked at all) and was pre-approved for a Discover More is there a good chance I would be approved for the IT as well? I'm not sure I even want to app right now anyway since with less than 2 years AoAA I got a Zync and a Delta Gold so my AoAA has already taken a huge hit. And I want to at least wait until I see if I get the 61 day 3x in November, but I was just curious based on others experience. As always thanks in advance.

When you are ready, it is likely that if your qualified for the More, you should be OK for the IT.

 




EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 18
Valued Contributor

Re: Discover it question


LS2982 wrote:

Cageym wrote:
So if I went to Discover's pre-approval site (I'm just shocked it worked at all) and was pre-approved for a Discover More is there a good chance I would be approved for the IT as well? I'm not sure I even want to app right now anyway since with less than 2 years AoAA I got a Zync and a Delta Gold so my AoAA has already taken a huge hit. And I want to at least wait until I see if I get the 61 day 3x in November, but I was just curious based on others experience. As always thanks in advance.

When you are ready, it is likely that if your qualified for the More, you should be OK for the IT.

 


I was curious about the IT when I applied for the More. I read your post that you were approved for the IT. Are there any big differences with the IT? Is the IT better than the More rewards wise?

 

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 3 of 18
Established Contributor

Re: Discover it question

Here's a link: https://www.discover.com/credit-cards/index-beyond.html?gcmpgn=0712_ZZ_srch_gsap_txt&srchQ=discover IT&srchS=internet_cm_corp&srchC=internet_cm_fe&srchP=1 and a thread: http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Discover-IT-Application-Link/m-p/1568220#M431260 but there are plenty of threads here.

What's in my wallet: Cap1 Venture NFCU Sig Visa Delta Gold Amex BCE Citi Simplicity IHG World MC Amazon Visa CSP
Starting Score: 5/2010 550-ish
Current Score: 6/20/2013 TU 800 6/20/2013 EQ 770 6/20/2013 EX 775
Goal Score: 800 accross the board
Message 4 of 18
Mega Contributor

Re: Discover it question


maiden_girl wrote:

LS2982 wrote:

Cageym wrote:
So if I went to Discover's pre-approval site (I'm just shocked it worked at all) and was pre-approved for a Discover More is there a good chance I would be approved for the IT as well? I'm not sure I even want to app right now anyway since with less than 2 years AoAA I got a Zync and a Delta Gold so my AoAA has already taken a huge hit. And I want to at least wait until I see if I get the 61 day 3x in November, but I was just curious based on others experience. As always thanks in advance.

When you are ready, it is likely that if your qualified for the More, you should be OK for the IT.

 


I was curious about the IT when I applied for the More. I read your post that you were approved for the IT. Are there any big differences with the IT? Is the IT better than the More rewards wise?

 


Rewards structure is the same. The differences are:

 

-You can make a payment to your account and it post for same business day cutoff @ 12 Midnight instead of 5pm EST.

-You will not be charged a fee for your first late payment

 

I may have missed some differences but others will chime in.

 

 

It is more geared towards first time applicants and the younger crowd. Very nice looking card too!!

 




EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 5 of 18
Valued Contributor

Re: Discover it question


LS2982 wrote:

maiden_girl wrote:

LS2982 wrote:

Cageym wrote:
So if I went to Discover's pre-approval site (I'm just shocked it worked at all) and was pre-approved for a Discover More is there a good chance I would be approved for the IT as well? I'm not sure I even want to app right now anyway since with less than 2 years AoAA I got a Zync and a Delta Gold so my AoAA has already taken a huge hit. And I want to at least wait until I see if I get the 61 day 3x in November, but I was just curious based on others experience. As always thanks in advance.

When you are ready, it is likely that if your qualified for the More, you should be OK for the IT.

 


I was curious about the IT when I applied for the More. I read your post that you were approved for the IT. Are there any big differences with the IT? Is the IT better than the More rewards wise?

 


Rewards structure is the same. The differences are:

 

-You can make a payment to your account and it post for same business day cutoff @ 12 Midnight instead of 5pm EST.

-You will not be charged a fee for your first late payment

 

I may have missed some differences but others will chime in.

 

 

It is more geared towards first time applicants and the younger crowd. Very nice looking card too!!

 


I guess I'm not missing out on anything having my card converted to an IT then...lol thanks LS2982 Smiley Very Happy I do wonder about that late payment thing. Discover doesn't charge a fee...but do they still report it to the bureaus? It would be kind of a pointless feature if they did...lol

 

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 6 of 18
Mega Contributor

Re: Discover it question


maiden_girl wrote:

LS2982 wrote:

maiden_girl wrote:

LS2982 wrote:

Cageym wrote:
So if I went to Discover's pre-approval site (I'm just shocked it worked at all) and was pre-approved for a Discover More is there a good chance I would be approved for the IT as well? I'm not sure I even want to app right now anyway since with less than 2 years AoAA I got a Zync and a Delta Gold so my AoAA has already taken a huge hit. And I want to at least wait until I see if I get the 61 day 3x in November, but I was just curious based on others experience. As always thanks in advance.

When you are ready, it is likely that if your qualified for the More, you should be OK for the IT.

 


I was curious about the IT when I applied for the More. I read your post that you were approved for the IT. Are there any big differences with the IT? Is the IT better than the More rewards wise?

 


Rewards structure is the same. The differences are:

 

-You can make a payment to your account and it post for same business day cutoff @ 12 Midnight instead of 5pm EST.

-You will not be charged a fee for your first late payment

 

I may have missed some differences but others will chime in.

 

 

It is more geared towards first time applicants and the younger crowd. Very nice looking card too!!

 


I guess I'm not missing out on anything having my card converted to an IT then...lol thanks LS2982 Smiley Very Happy I do wonder about that late payment thing. Discover doesn't charge a fee...but do they still report it to the bureaus? It would be kind of a pointless feature if they did...lol

 


I believe they still report it.

 

Your not missing out on much, but its a painless PC if you ever decide to do it from the More.

 




EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 7 of 18
Super Contributor

Re: Discover it question

Cageym did it actually say you were pre-approved or did it say "recommended cards"

Discovers pre-approval is kind of odd.
Message 8 of 18
Mega Contributor

Re: Discover it question


jsucool76 wrote:
Cageym did it actually say you were pre-approved or did it say "recommended cards"

Discovers pre-approval is kind of odd.

I've never been able to get a pre-approval from their website. Smiley Indifferent

 

 

 




EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 9 of 18
Super Contributor

Re: Discover it question

It doesnt say pre-approved LS. There is some tricks to finding out whether or not you've been pre-approved.

After you put in your info and get the "recommended card", you have to click the link that says "go to card builder" or something like that, and in there it will either say "sorry" or "congrats"

Another one, that i actually read about on myfico was if you scroll all the way down, and there is the opt in/out notice, that means pre-approval, but i dont know about that 100%
Message 10 of 18