cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover it secured card reconsideration?

tag
ddemari
Super Contributor

Re: Discover it secured card reconsideration?

Also anyone who applies directly for discover it secured chrome, after 1 statement you can chat with them and they will product change your card to the regular discover it secured card. 

Message 11 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ddemari wrote:

Also anyone who applies directly for discover it secured chrome, after 1 statement you can chat with them and they will product change your card to the regular discover it secured card. 

I didn't know that; thank you for sharing!

Message 12 of 19
Kutuzov
Frequent Contributor

Not sure about secure cc, but on their regular line of cc, you can PC the card as soon as you activate it. I did it! But the other way round from the regular it to the Chrome. Now keep in mind that the PC will take effect on the first day of next billing cycle.

Gardening since 03/25/2016. Discover FICO 705 (4/21/16).
Discover It 2000, Barclay Ring 7100, Capital One QS 7000, Amazon sc 6000, Chase AARP 2500, Barclay Rewards 500
Message 13 of 19
lindsaydruart
Established Contributor

@ddemari wrote:

Confirmed! I just did this in chat. New rewards start next billing cycle. Thanks for the info!

Gardening since 12/15/2019. Goal 12/15/2021
FICO 8 as of 12/16/2019 - EQ 602 EX 656 TU 628
Message 14 of 19
ddemari
Super Contributor

No problem! It's a nice option as you can apply directly for the chrome and not be stuck with it if you really wanted the it secured regular version.
Message 15 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well good news is I got approved for it, bad news is nobody knew what I was talking about when I asked about the letter I received, they said if the letter says discover has invited you to reapply then you can but they can't guarantee I will be approved. 

So after reading what  talking to several confused CSRs I just said heck with it and applied online again.

I guess I'm in with Discover now, after 3 bloody applications, but I am happy to have finally gotten a Discover card and I have to admit their CSRs were very friendly and made sure to let the me know where they were in the U.S.A. which you don't get with a lot of other companies.

Message 16 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!! So which Discover did you end up getting?

Message 17 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice Job !!

Message 18 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Congratulations!! So which Discover did you end up getting?

thank you Smiley Happy

I ended up getting the Chrome since the last 2 quarters are mostly amazon rewards on the IT card and I already have an amazon store card with 5%, so I figured I could make more use with 4% cash back (after double cashback promo) on gas and restaurants since I don't have a gas card at this time.

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.