Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover last year's double cash back

tag
Christina_xyt
Established Contributor

Discover last year's double cash back

I believe it started last year around this time.. But I am not entirely sure.. Just wondering has anyone reached one year yet? And has anyone gotten any double cash back?

In sequence of approval, Last app/inquiry 5/30/2015
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover last year's double cash back

You should have received an email when you enrolled. I just checked the email I received and it said I should receive my rewards in July. Not sure how long after it started that I joined though.
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
You should have received an email when you enrolled. I just checked the email I received and it said I should receive my rewards in July. Not sure how long after it started that I joined though.

+1

My email also says I'll receive my double cashback in July, and my email is dated July 6, 2015. Which if I remember correctly, I received the email verifying my double cashback enrollment shortly after requesting that the offer be added to my card via SM (my card was opened in March without the double cashback offer, so once I heard about the offer I asked if it could be added to my card).

Message 3 of 12
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

+1

My email also says I'll receive my double cashback in July, and my email is dated July 6, 2015. Which if I remember correctly, I received the email verifying my double cashback enrollment shortly after requesting that the offer be added to my card via SM (my card was opened in March without the double cashback offer, so once I heard about the offer I asked if it could be added to my card).

I searched my email and found the same one from 7/6/15.   The email said that the double cash would post after the 13th statement.   Since my 12th statement will close tomorrow, I'm expecting to see it with my July 17th statement close.  

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I missed the double cash back by one month. Smiley TongueHappy others got it, though.

Message 5 of 12
Kirmie2010
Established Contributor

A few months back I got a notice saying I would get my doubled rewards in July.  A week ago I got an email saying I am enrolled in double cash back and will receive my rewards in July 2017.

Makes no sense at all, but since there was no name, the 2nd email could of been for my wifes account!

I am expecting it within a month, statement is the 18th for me so Im expecting it late July.

*edit*

I just checked my last years email too, looks like I should get it with or right after July statement.  From the description below I would of thought August but since they tell me July, im goin for that!

3. When do I get my Double?
We will double all the cash back rewards you've earned after your first 12 consecutive billing periods in our exclusive Double Cash Back program. Then you'll see your double cash back in your account following your 13th billing period.

Musiclover, you missed out?  That sucks!  I thought it was an ongoing thing.  I signed up from a link someone posted on myfico.  My wife just got an account 2 months ago and was enrolled. (or so the email says, if its her account they are talking about and not mine)

Message 6 of 12
LuckyBird
Regular Contributor

@Kirmie2010 wrote:

A few months back I got a notice saying I would get my doubled rewards in July.  A week ago I got an email saying I am enrolled in double cash back and will receive my rewards in July 2017.

Makes no sense at all, but since there was no name, the 2nd email could of been for my wifes account!

I am expecting it within a month, statement is the 18th for me so Im expecting it late July.

*edit*

I just checked my last years email too, looks like I should get it with or right after July statement.  From the description below I would of thought August but since they tell me July, im goin for that!

We will double all the cash back rewards you've earned after your first 12 consecutive billing periods in our exclusive Double Cash Back program. Then you'll see your double cash back in your account following your 13th billing period.

Musiclover, you missed out?  That sucks!  I thought it was an ongoing thing.  I signed up from a link someone posted on myfico.  My wife just got an account 2 months ago and was enrolled. (or so the email says, if its her account they are talking about and not mine)

My understanding is that it is an ongoing thing for new accounts, but there was only a short window where existing account holders could sign up for the offer, too.  I got my confirmation email on July 13, so my year will be closing out soon.  So far I've earned about $650 cash back since I signed up.  It seems almost too good to be true that they're going to double that!

Chase Sapphire Reserve $30,000 | Amex BCP $30,000 | Discover It $30,000 | Citi Simp $16,500 | NFCU Cash Rewards $14,400 | Citi DC $9,800 | Chase Freedom $9,000 | VS $4,100 | Kohl's $3,000 | Loft $3,000

EQ 823 ~ TU 817 ~ EXP 808 | ITG since 8/24/2016
Message 7 of 12
RonM21
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I missed the double cash back by one month. Smiley TongueHappy others got it, though.

I didn't have a chance at it, to my knowledge. But wish I had it! I agree, good for everyone who did get it.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Don't feel bad. I missed it too.

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@LuckyBird wrote:

@Kirmie2010 wrote:

*edit*

My understanding is that it is an ongoing thing for new accounts, but there was only a short window where existing account holders could sign up for the offer, too.  I got my confirmation email on July 13, so my year will be closing out soon.  So far I've earned about $650 cash back since I signed up.  It seems almost too good to be true that they're going to double that!

Agreed!

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.