Regular Contributor

Discover luv button missing?

Just noticed that.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
flowfaster
Established Contributor

Re: Discover luv button missing?

It has been gone for a while now.  Before it used to be available if you searched "credit line increase" but now it does seem to be fully removed.  What gives discover?

Amex BCP/BC/Zync - Amex Business GR - Barclays NFL Visa Sig 49ers/Arrival - BoA BBR - Cap 1 Quicksilver - Citi Forward/Preferred - Chase Amazon/Freedom/Ink Plus - Discover IT - Fidelity Amex - GECRB Amazon/Walmart - PenFed PRV - Target - USAA Amex - US Bank CASH+/Club Carlson
Message 2 of 4
Juan123
Established Contributor

they want you to call.... interestingly enough there is a "credit limit DECREASE" button >_>

wanna hit that one for some luv? lol.

Starting Score: 575 (As Of Early 2011)
Current Score: TU: 767 EQ: 732 EX; 742 (As Of Feb 2012)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Long way to go ^_^
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Juan123 wrote:

they want you to call.... interestingly enough there is a "credit limit DECREASE" button >_>

wanna hit that one for some luv? lol.

You know, I've never understood why you'd want a decrease. Maybe if you absolutely cannot control your spending and you're worried you'll rack up more debt that you can reasonably pay off.

But at any point where I'd consider asking for a decrease.. I think I'd just rather close the card.

I mean, if you ask for a CLD, what's next? You'll want to get a demoted at work and have your pay cut, switch your car for a motorized scooter, get a smaller house and an uglier girlfriend?

Like I've told people before, if you're worried about running up your credit card debt and your card doesn't have an annual fee.. shred it. Leave the account open, but remove the number from all your online accounts (Amazon etc) and shred the card itself.  You can always ask for a new card to be sent to you, but having to wait that 2 weeks is going to prevent you from impulsively buying things you don't need.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.