cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover luv button says it might be a hard pull?

tag
Kendro
Contributor

Discover luv button says it might be a hard pull?

When I tried requesting my credit online via the luv button, it asks me to enter how much more credit I want and the reasoning.  Then it asks for my employment info.  The thing that raised my attention was the memo that said it might be a hard pull.  Will it only be a hard pull if they don't approve you with a soft pull?  Or is there a chance the first request online will be a hard pull?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
lithium78
Established Contributor

Re: Discover luv button says it might be a hard pull?

The regular Discover CLIs don't work like the Walmart Discover.  They will hard pull you for CLI requests.  That's why I always just wait for auto-CLIs.  If you don't mind a hard pull, though, and you have enough experience with the card, you can go for it.

Starting Score: TU: 566
Current Score: TU: 741 (Discover FICO); EQ: 755 (MyFico) EX: 774 (FAKO)
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 3
chnceit
Valued Contributor

Re: Discover luv button says it might be a hard pull?

@Kendro wrote:

When I tried requesting my credit online via the luv button, it asks me to enter how much more credit I want and the reasoning.  Then it asks for my employment info.  The thing that raised my attention was the memo that said it might be a hard pull.  Will it only be a hard pull if they don't approve you with a soft pull?  Or is there a chance the first request online will be a hard pull?

Actually when this comes up you are eligible for a CLI. Most times on Discover.com the CLI buttons show and when you are not eligible it will say to call 1-800 blah blah. I did this last week and was approved with a SP. They will counter offer and/if you want more then its a HP.

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.