Regular Contributor
codesingh

Discover mail offer

Hey all,

I am an existing Discover IT card holder for about a year and a half. I just received a mail offer from them. Should I try to use that? But that would be applying for the same that that I have. I don't mind getting another card from them even if it is same card for the sake of having an additional trade line.

Why would a bank/lender offer the same cc account for a different set of terms/conditions?

-Code

~ 100k in Rev CC. 15k Credit Line. 16.5k Car Loan(@1.7%) Starting scores: 690 EQ (Dec 2012) Mid-year FICO scores April ‘13 Pulled by lenders(Barclays, Amex): TU 747 • EQ 752 • EX 746 • Scores As of Nov 2013: 740 and above across the board.
Established Contributor
shaun2009

Re: Discover mail offer

Well others may chime in on this but from what i was told from a prev CSR a person can only have one Discover IT card.. But who knows
Current Credit Cards
| Discover IT: $6.5K | PayPal MasterCard: $7.5K | US Bank Platinum: $5K | WalMart Discover: $5K |
| Sam's MasterCard $1.8K | Cap1 QuickSilver: $1.3K | AmEx TrueEarnings: $1.2K | AFCU Rewards: $1K | US Bank Select $1K |

Goal Credit Cards
CapitalOne QuickSilver, Discover IT, Sam's MasterCard
AmEx EveryDay, Chase Freedom, US Bank Cash+
Last Application: 6/23/2014

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+