Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover money messenger

tag
ezef3ar
Contributor

Discover money messenger

I was just goin left to right in my discover online account. And saw that it says new So I click and saw that discover new partner Paypal they both together offer money transfer to family or anyone basically but not everyone is eligible for the service cuz I'm not elegible for the service since I just got my discover approval few days ago.... What everyone think about this ????

https://www.discover.com/credit-cards/send-money/#q3
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

Re: Discover money messenger

It is not a new feature. This is a feature you do not want to abuse. Some use this feature frequently to the same person and got a call from Discover and PayPal warning them.

Message 2 of 6
SwampSystems
Frequent Contributor

@trumpet-205 wrote:

It is not a new feature. This is a feature you do not want to abuse. Some use this feature frequently to the same person and got a call from Discover and PayPal warning them.

I used to abuse it all the time and never got a call. I would like to see that thread if you have a link.

Message 3 of 6
flowfaster
Established Contributor

I use it all the time too and use the same person all the time. I have never had a heard of discover calling me or anyone about this. Isn't that the point, to send money to someone. It doesn't say you can only do it once. I would also like to see the thread where someone said discover warned them?.
Amex BCP/BC/Zync - Amex Business GR - Barclays NFL Visa Sig 49ers/Arrival - BoA BBR - Cap 1 Quicksilver - Citi Forward/Preferred - Chase Amazon/Freedom/Ink Plus - Discover IT - Fidelity Amex - GECRB Amazon/Walmart - PenFed PRV - Target - USAA Amex - US Bank CASH+/Club Carlson
Message 4 of 6
mxp114
Valued Contributor

I saw a thread about this but the person had the same name, he was sending himself money. Unless you refer to another topic.

Message 5 of 6
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

Looking for the link but if my memory serves me right there was this person sending money to his/her family's PayPal accounts and have them deposit the money back to his/her account. Discover and PayPal caught on to this and gave he/she a warning.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.