cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover more and chase freedom approved .

tag
Jp2slow

Discover more and chase freedom approved .

Last Friday I was approved for chase freedom with a CL 1000 , I waited a few days because the holiday to ask for CLI . I asked for a CL of 2000 and they gave it to me . I checked my reports as well and even though they said it would be a HP it was not , maybe becaus eats a new app. 

Tonite I got a discover more card  with a CL of 1700 , I called recon but no luck on a cli , the csr  told me in 6 months I will get one .  I'm just happy. I'm finally getting decent cards and I don't sweat hitting app button .  

Last week I was also approved for home depot ... I made a thread. About it so I'll move on .

Chase pulled Ex.  Discovery pulled Eq.   and Home Depot pulled Tu.   I've been working like hell to rebuild my  credit so I'm stoked. It's getting there . My biggest problem was having low limit cards. Cap1 and orchard .  It's funny they won't start you out high but then punish u for it . Anyway with 3 decent cards with decent limits I'm on my way .  

This site rocks !!!!!

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
westo12
Established Contributor

Re: Discover more and chase freedom approved .

Hi, can you tell me what your score was on the Discover approval?  Thanks!

Chap7 discharge 07/2015
Fico 5/1/19: TR:650(73% util)
Cap1(Plat+QS) 3500+4500/Merrick 1600/Express 4100/Overstock 4900.
Message 2 of 9
firesoul453
Contributor

Dude your almost exactly describing my own situation.

My cap1 limit is super low! And they are not accepting request. Its been almost a year since they've offered me a CLI, they basicaly suck.

So I got the Discover more card, and yes I've tried it all, combining cards, going to supervisor, etc. But they say 6 months probation period, period. 

So I applied for a Chase freedom and they've given me a credit limit thats more than my other 2 combined! 

Good luck to you! I really like my discover card, but the Chase seems to be awesome with CLs! (plus unlimted real 1% cash back)

My ultimate credit wish,
a JP Morgan Palladium card
Message 3 of 9
westo12
Established Contributor

@firesoul453 wrote:

Dude your almost exactly describing my own situation.

So I got the Discover more card, and yes I've tried it all, combining cards, going to supervisor, etc. But they say 6 months probation period, period. 

Good luck to you! I really like my discover card, but the Chase seems to be awesome with CLs! (plus unlimted real 1% cash back)

Hi, can you tell me what your score was on the Discover approval?  Thanks!

Chap7 discharge 07/2015
Fico 5/1/19: TR:650(73% util)
Cap1(Plat+QS) 3500+4500/Merrick 1600/Express 4100/Overstock 4900.
Message 4 of 9
Jp2slow

My score was 688

Message 5 of 9
DeadSpider
Frequent Contributor

Do you know if Discover is BK friendly ? I know Chase is not and my BK is 8 years old.

Chase denied me for Slate card because of my old BK still reporting and I have a Freedom card !!! (old WAMU).

Message 6 of 9
ntx
Regular Contributor

I have a 2005 BK7, with perfect but thin record since.

I was approved in early August for Discover More $1,200 and Chase Freedom $1K with EQ 684, TU 688.

Congratulations to OP Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 9
DeadSpider
Frequent Contributor

How funny I have BK from 2004 and last month Chase denied me for Slate card due to BK but I do have Freedom MC with 5K limit (old Wamu).

Freedom charge is about $300-$500 a month PIF.

Message 8 of 9
DeadSpider
Frequent Contributor

OOOOpps I didn't realize I have said about my Freeom card above NEED MORE COFFEE.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.