Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover more

tag
laryn41
Frequent Contributor

Discover more

Been getting pre approval in the mail for the past year...  Just decided to go for it cause my score watch said my score bumped up to a 743 from a 698.  I figured ill transfer to get a lower interest rate. Declined on line instantly.  Little upset i wasted the inq.  I mean WTF?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Discover more

unpredictable

Message 2 of 6
mazinaige
Regular Contributor

Same thing happened to me today with Discover More. I can't believe I was denied. I mean, I knew applying for two cards was risky but I was more concerned about the impact of opening two new accounts on my FICO score then I was about getting denied. Ouch!

FICO® TU: 703 8/07/2015, EQ: 716 8/07/2015
Message 3 of 6
MrShush
Valued Contributor

@laryn41 wrote:

Been getting pre approval in the mail for the past year...  Just decided to go for it cause my score watch said my score bumped up to a 743 from a 698.  I figured ill transfer to get a lower interest rate. Declined on line instantly.  Little upset i wasted the inq.  I mean WTF?

I'd definitely call for recon. Perhaps a human will approve whereas automated underwriting won't?

Message 4 of 6
laryn41
Frequent Contributor

Recon was a success!  I didn't add in my hubby's income and that was the problem.  Thanks everyone!

Message 5 of 6
vanillabean
Valued Contributor

laryn41 wrote:

"Recon was a success!  I didn't add in my hubby's income and that was the problem.  Thanks everyone!"

Congratulations!

Interesting that an individual should specify the household income.

Can I ask you how many inquiries you have? Discover, I think, is sensitive to that.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.