Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover ... need advice !!

tag
waqaszm1
Regular Contributor

Discover ... need advice !!

I have a discover more card that i closed some 15 months ago. Since then i have been paying it off every month, never late on anything in the past 10 years. Recently, i have been getting these mail offers from discover. I received the third one today and they are all the same, 

" .............. A new offer for an old friend, 0% apr on purchases for 10 months and 0% apr on bal transfers for 12 months. We want you back .... A first-class offer if you give us a second chance .... "

Now i am tempted, i would like a discover card again, the offer has an invitation # and an offer expiry date .... the only thing that makes me hesitate is that i am still paying off the balance on the card i have. And i can not just pay it off right away in full, and then take this offer.

Is it possible that discover will approve me for this new card, while i am still paying off the old card ???

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
AndySoCal
Valued Contributor

Re: Discover ... need advice !!

I would call ask them. Also would  you be able to do a balance transfer from the old card to the new and receive 0% balance transfer offer ?

FICO Scores XPN v8 802 V2 831 (SDFCU) TUC 803 v8 EFX 807 (10/2023)
Discover 09/90 19,000, JCPenney 10/2008 4,700 US Bank Cash 12,000 Citibank Custom Cash 5/2015 11,100 State Dept. FCU 15,000 06/2023 , 02/2024 Redstone FCU Signature VISA 10,000 Banking: Ally Bank Credit Unions: Lafayette FCU Fortera FCU State Department FCU Pelican CU

Pelican State CU Redstone FCU

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.