Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover not updating EX?

tag
andre181
Established Contributor

Discover not updating EX?

I check my EX every day and TU and EQ every month and I've noticed a problem...

Discover hasn't updated my EX report since January. This isn't terrible because the balance they reported to EX in January was only $2.00 but in January my Discover CL was only $5,000. Since then I've received 2 CLI's bringing my CL to $10,800.

Because my current overall util is about 10%, I'd really like my CL to be updated on this account to reduce my util. Also, at $10,800, Discover is now my second highest CL, so I'd like it on my report to show lenders I can handle higher CL's.

I've called Discover and they say that everything is normal on their end and they do not have the ability to update on-demand, only when the statement cuts.

What can I do to get this account updating again? EQ and TU are updating normally.

Discover IT $35K | FNBO Visa $30K | Cash+ Visa Sig $19.5K | Southwest Premier $16K | Priceline $15K | Citi Forward $14.3K | US Bank Plat $14K | Commerce Bank $13K | CSP $13K | CSR $10K | Sallie Mae World MC $10K | Lowe’s Consumer 10K | BoA Cash Rewards 1-2-3 Sig $7.5K | Fidelity Visa $7K | Citi Double Cash $6.5K | WF Cash Back Visa $5.4K | Capital One Cash Rewards $5K | AMEX BCE $3.9K | Freedom $2.5K | Younkers/Comenity $2.4K | Kohl’s 1.5K | Target $1.4K | EX FICO (from AMEX): 768, TU FICO (from Discover): 797, AAoA: 4.4 years
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
marty56
Super Contributor

Re: Discover not updating EX?

Some CCCs only report to the CRA when there is a balance.  I don't think there is any requirement for a CCC to report to a CRA beyond reporting accurately.  I would call EX and ask them about Discover reporting as well as calling Discover asking to speak to another rep or supervisor.

IMHO  asking for CLI's to reduce util is not an effective strategy in the long run and high CLs making you more attractive to other lenders isn't important  as much as income, history and DTA does.

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 2 of 3
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Discover not updating EX?

I would dispute it directly with EX.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.