Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover offer in the mail 2% on everything

tag
compassion101
Established Contributor

Discover offer in the mail 2% on everything

It looked like junk mail so I threw it in my junk mail pile about 10 days ago. I always go through junk mail mainly cause there is stuff I prefer to shred rather than throw away.

Anyhow there was something there with the discover colors on the envelope. I opened it and it was an offer from Discover for 2% cash back on every purchase through Sept 2014, must accept and activate by apr 30. It said it was exclusive to those receiving the mailing. Anyway I have gas, groceries, and restaurants at 5% atm but was using quicksilver on all else for the 1.5%. Not anymore Smiley Happy

Did anyone else get this? If not, look through your junk mail, all!

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

Re: Discover offer in the mail 2% on everything

@compassion101 wrote:

It looked like junk mail so I threw it in my junk mail pile about 10 days ago. I always go through junk mail mainly cause there is stuff I prefer to shred rather than throw away.

Anyhow there was something there with the discover colors on the envelope. I opened it and it was an offer from Discover for 2% cash back on every purchase through Sept 2014, must accept and activate by apr 30. It said it was exclusive to those receiving the mailing. Anyway I have gas, groceries, and restaurants at 5% atm but was using quicksilver on all else for the 1.5%. Not anymore Smiley Happy

Did anyone else get this? If not, look through your junk mail, all!

I got it last year and yes Discover does have these from time to time ......... Accept it Smiley Happy  It's not junk mail

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 2 of 14
mxp114
Valued Contributor

Any caps? I hope I get this offer, sounds great.

Message 3 of 14
compassion101
Established Contributor

No cap. And it says it's on the 5% categories I will get the 5% plus the 2%.  Not doing much home improvement spending this quarter but 7% for gas possibly next quarter sounds nice!

Message 4 of 14
mxp114
Valued Contributor

What's the web site? The 2% offer last year had a link that people could access and it told you if you were eligible. Sometimes the online acct has a generic link to the offer page too.

Message 5 of 14
14Fiesta
Established Contributor

@mxp114 wrote:

What's the web site? The 2% offer last year had a link that people could access and it told you if you were eligible. Sometimes the online acct has a generic link to the offer page too.

+1 If I can I want in on this too!! 7% on Gas beats pretty much every other card out there.

EX FICO (AMEX): 728 (4/29/17) | TU FICO (Discover): 737 (4/7/17) | EQ FICO (Citi): 746 (3/28/17)
Message 6 of 14
celluloid17
Established Contributor

I would love to have a chance at this offer.  I can't really find much use for my Discover card, so it's mostly SD'd, but I would definitely use it as a general spend card if it was 2% back on all purchases, not to mention 7% off gas during the third quarter.  

I wish credit card companies would get a bit more creative with their rewards structures and offer more flexibility to their members.  For example, I would love it if a card like Discover It or Chase Freedom gave you the choice of using their products as either a 5% rotatating categories card or a 2% back on all purchases card.  I would sacrifice the 5% rotating categories that we have no choice in selecting in favor of a smaller %, but consistent cash back structure (like Fidelity Amex).  

Message 7 of 14
compassion101
Established Contributor

Sorry but no website that I know of. I don't see a link anywhere in my account, and all I did was call the number in the mailing on my offer. I'd say call them to ask about any special promos. They seem to like me. I just got a balance transfer 0% offer and a 0% purchases offer just before this.

Message 8 of 14
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

Pretty cool - enjoy it Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 14
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

Sounds pretty good!
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.