Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover offers some odd services...

tag
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

Discover offers some odd services...

Was going over my Discover card agreement and wasn't sure I read it right...so I searched it online and YES...I did read it right. Discover might become my new main card with these services!!! Lol.

Emergency Prescription and Eyewear Replacement

Get assistance locating local resources to replace lost or stolen eyeglasses, contact lenses or medications. If no local resources are available, we'll arrange shipment of the item or equivalent prescription, subject to local law.

Visitor to Bedside

If you're traveling alone and are hospitalized for more than seven consecutive days, we can make travel arrangements for a family member or friend to join you.

Repatriation of Mortal Remains

We make all necessary arrangements for transporting mortal remains home, including: documentation, authorizations, preparation or cremation of remains, and appropriate container for transport.

https://www.discover.com/credit-cards/member-benefits/security/travel-assistance/medical-emergency.h...

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

Re: Discover offers some odd services...

@maiden_girl wrote:

Was going over my Discover card agreement and wasn't sure I read it right...so I searched it online and YES...I did read it right. Discover might become my new main card with these services!!! Lol.

Get assistance locating local resources to replace lost or stolen eyeglasses, contact lenses or medications. If no local resources are available, we'll arrange shipment of the item or equivalent prescription, subject to local law.

Visitor to Bedside

If you're traveling alone and are hospitalized for more than seven consecutive days, we can make travel arrangements for a family member or friend to join you.

We make all necessary arrangements for transporting mortal remains home, including: documentation, authorizations, preparation or cremation of remains, and appropriate container for transport.

https://www.discover.com/credit-cards/member-benefits/security/travel-assistance/medical-emergency.h...

Are you planning to die after a long stay in a hospital that doesn't stock your prescription drugs?

If so, those benefits will sure come in handy.

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 2 of 19
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

@Themanwhocan wrote:

@maiden_girl wrote:

Visitor to Bedside

Are you planning to die after a long stay in a hospital that doesn't stock your prescription drugs?

I wasn't planning on it...but hey...sh*t happens... Smiley Very Happy

Message 3 of 19
Brusilov
Established Contributor

Last Will and Testament:

Section 7, Paragraph 3:

Please arrange as stated in Discover's Terms of Service to transport the body of one (self)'s ashen remains, via a Folgers Coffee Can receptacle no less than 12 ounces in capacity, to its final resting place at approximately 33°42'17"N by 118°17'39"W. Ashes will be dispersed at wind gusts no less than 20mph, on a clear day with a temperature ranging between 60-80F.

Message 4 of 19
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

^LOLZ.

But I want to be in a pringle can...

Message 5 of 19
myjourney
Super Contributor

This thread has me ROFLMAO with tears in both eyes Smiley LOL

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 6 of 19
eddie84
Valued Contributor

Discover, we treat you like you treat you. Smiley Very Happy  Now, that's what I call benefits!

Message 7 of 19
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

@maiden_girl wrote:

@Themanwhocan wrote:

@maiden_girl wrote:

Visitor to Bedside

I wasn't planning on it...but hey...sh*t happens... Smiley Very Happy

Trust me, if you have a long stay in a hospital that doesn't stock prescription drugs... You can pretty much plan on the dieing part.

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 8 of 19
audia4
Established Contributor

I'm one of those that will read anything and everything into something and what I'm reading in to this is they will help "arrange shipment" (as in make a call to someone that can ship it). "Make arrangements",....not pay for them?? 

TU: 819 EQ: 821 EX 811

**$7500****$30,000*****$13500****$42,200****$10,000***$10,700*****$6000****$11,000*****OPEN****OPEN******$27,000*****11,000

Message 9 of 19
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

@audia4 wrote:

I'm one of those that will read anything and everything into something and what I'm reading in to this is they will help "arrange shipment" (as in make a call to someone that can ship it). "Make arrangements",....not pay for them?? 

LOL. They'll probably charge your credit card. They're not really specific. That'll be a BIG bill.

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.