Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover payment address changed!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover payment address changed!

heads up! payment address changed on my new discover statement (see below). it used to be Phoenix, AZ. 'thought i mention it here.

Discover
PO BOX 51908
LOS ANGELES, CA 90051-6208

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Discover2016
Valued Contributor

Re: Discover payment address changed!

Interesting! It must be regional, since my payment address has always been in Charlotte, NC. 

Gardening until September 2025
Next app: Mortgage in September 2025
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

most probably. im in NorCal.

btw awhile back you mentioned chase changing their payment address but mine stayed the same - Palatine, IL.

Message 3 of 10
sr383
Regular Contributor

What? You write checks? Smiley Surprised

Costco TrueEarningsSallie Mae MasterCardDiscover itUS Bank Cash+Chase SlateBlue Cash EverydayFidelity VisaTU-803/EQ-808/EX-800
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@sr383 wrote:

hahaha! nope! it's for 'push' payment payor. while im almost certain the payment would still go through if you still use the old address but why not just update it and avoid the risk of bounced/late payment. 

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@sr383 wrote:

hahaha! nope! it's for 'push' payment payor. while im almost certain the payment would still go through if you still use the old address but why not just update it and avoid the risk of bounced/late payment. 

Curious question:  Are you against logging into Discover (or any CC for that matter) and executing payment there so it withdraws from your checking account versus using your banks bill pay which mails a check?  If so I'd be curious to know why.

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@sr383 wrote:

thanks for the reminder! I saw they put a notice on the statement prior that their payment address was changing. Should update the push payment address Smiley Wink

Edit: I'm in SoCal so like Discover2016 stated above

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@sr383 wrote:

Curious question:  Are you against logging into Discover (or any CC for that matter) and executing payment there so it withdraws from your checking account versus using your banks bill pay which mails a check?  If so I'd be curious to know why.

I use push payments when the charge hasn't posted yet and some companies don't allow payments for greater than current balance

Message 8 of 10
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@sr383 wrote:

I use push payments when the charge hasn't posted yet and some companies don't allow payments for greater than current balance

+1

I usually prefer to 'push' my payments as well... I feel like it gives me more control, and for the other reasons mentioned above.  Smiley Happy

There's no right/wrong answer, though... it's just whatever works for you.  Smiley Wink

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@sr383 wrote:

against??? no, not at all. i actually use both. depends on what im trying to accomplish/avoid.

for example, when im trying to accomplish zero balance to report, i push pay the whole current (posted and pending) charges before the due date. (and) if i happen to put a charge on the card again before the statement cuts, i then make another push payment. *of course you need to know how reliable your bank bill pay is. i've come to like the reliability of my Alliant CU bill pay.

another example, if for some reason i forgot to pay a cc bill ahead of time and its nearing its due date (1-3 days), i then use the 'pull' payment method as you can actually see/make sure that the payment date is before the due date. therefore no late/missed payment. in this instance im actually leery in using push payment as it is cutting it close. what if something happens?!? you never know with these lenders. so even though i know my bill pay is reliable i just feel 'safer' if i just pull the payment from their own website. *i screencapture it and save it as a backup. redundant and paranoid much?? i guess. lolz but like i said, you never know with these lenders. =p

so like UncleB said, no right or wrong here. it's whatever works for you. i like the reliability of my Alliant bill pay so i do push pay mostly now. i'm a recent convert btw.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.