Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover phone CLI

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover phone CLI

I never had an auto cli from Discover - so I called them today, pressed #5 on the menu and asked for $500 cli - after entering some info, the automated service said "Additional info is needed transferring to a representative".  I hang up before I got transferred. Do you think I'll end up with a hard inq even though I hang up?  Or do they need to ask your permission?

Thanks

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
DI
Super Contributor

Re: Discover phone CLI

@Anonymous wrote:

I never had an auto cli from Discover - so I called them today, pressed #5 on the menu and asked for $500 cli - after entering some info, the automated service said "Additional info is needed transferring to a representative".  I hang up before I got transferred. Do you think I'll end up with a hard inq even though I hang up?  Or do they need to ask your permission?

Thanks

No you will not.  Unlike State Farm unprofessional reps.  Discover CSRs will ask for your permission to make a hard pull of your credit.   You can tell them no.  If the system is telling you that they need additional information a pull of your credit report is what's needed.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you. I feel better now. I don't want the hard inq. I'm surprised they want to pull my credit. I use the card every month and I pay it in full every month. no changes in my scores - still over 750 fico.  A year ago I was able the increase my limit from 3k to 6k using the automated service with no inq and no representative.  I guess they are getting tougher

Message 3 of 4
DI
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you. I feel better now. I don't want the hard inq. I'm surprised they want to pull my credit. I use the card every month and I pay it in full every month. no changes in my scores - still over 750 fico.  A year ago I was able the increase my limit from 3k to 6k using the automated service with no inq and no representative.  I guess they are getting tougher

I think they're asking to pull credit report  on all customer initiated CLI request now. 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.