Regular Contributor
Max09

Discover phone CLI

I never had an auto cli from Discover - so I called them today, pressed #5 on the menu and asked for $500 cli - after entering some info, the automated service said "Additional info is needed transferring to a representative".  I hang up before I got transferred. Do you think I'll end up with a hard inq even though I hang up?  Or do they need to ask your permission?

Thanks

Super Contributor
DI

Re: Discover phone CLI

Max09 wrote:

I never had an auto cli from Discover - so I called them today, pressed #5 on the menu and asked for $500 cli - after entering some info, the automated service said "Additional info is needed transferring to a representative".  I hang up before I got transferred. Do you think I'll end up with a hard inq even though I hang up?  Or do they need to ask your permission?

Thanks

No you will not.  Unlike State Farm unprofessional reps.  Discover CSRs will ask for your permission to make a hard pull of your credit.   You can tell them no.  If the system is telling you that they need additional information a pull of your credit report is what's needed.

Regular Contributor
Max09

Thank you. I feel better now. I don't want the hard inq. I'm surprised they want to pull my credit. I use the card every month and I pay it in full every month. no changes in my scores - still over 750 fico.  A year ago I was able the increase my limit from 3k to 6k using the automated service with no inq and no representative.  I guess they are getting tougher

Super Contributor
DI

Max09 wrote:

Thank you. I feel better now. I don't want the hard inq. I'm surprised they want to pull my credit. I use the card every month and I pay it in full every month. no changes in my scores - still over 750 fico.  A year ago I was able the increase my limit from 3k to 6k using the automated service with no inq and no representative.  I guess they are getting tougher

I think they're asking to pull credit report  on all customer initiated CLI request now. 

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}