Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discover pre-approval offers..

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover pre-approval offers..

whenever I put my info into the Discover pre approval offers pg, it gets stuck at "You're just seconds away from choosing the right Discover card for you."  It never gets passed that point to say ye or ne etc.  Anyone else have the problem?

https://www.discovercard.com/cardmembersvcs/acqs/app/chooseMyOffer/findMyOffer

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Discover pre-approval offers..

@Anonymous wrote:

whenever I put my info into the Discover pre approval offers pg, it gets stuck at "You're just seconds away from choosing the right Discover card for you."  It never gets passed that point to say ye or ne etc.  Anyone else have the problem?

Are you on Mac?

Try using Firefox... I always use Safari and I get errors and stuff when it comes to banking and other multi page moving things like checking out on ebay, paypal, printing usps labels, etc.

Message 2 of 9
Mailak
Frequent Contributor

The Discover site has been having peristent intermittent issues since Friday. They reps confirmed this for me over the phone. Have you been having this issue for prior to that time?

PenFed Platinum Cash Rewards (19.5k), Amex BCE (9k), Chase Sapphire Reserve (30k), Chase Freedom Unlimited (14.5k), Chase Marriott Premier (19k), Discover More (10k)
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am on a mac.  Ive tried safari, chrome and firefox.  They all get frozen on thaat screen. Been that was for 2 weeks

Message 4 of 9
Mailak
Frequent Contributor

Interesting. No, I've certainly been using it fine except for the problem they just started having.

I would myself try to make sure the browser doesn't have additional restrictive settings. So, temporarily disable ad-blocking software, disable flash-blocking software, and enable third-party cookies. I do know for a fact that the Discover site listing all the offers was trying to pull other pages through frames. Often such subrequests are blocked by ad-blocking software.

I tried all of that this weekend but in the end the issue wasn't with me. But because you say you've been having them for 2 weeks and you have tried different browsers, I wonder if it's a mac issue. Other than that, another issue could be some sort of a firewall (independent or with your antivirus) that is blocking certain sites (though Discover shouldn't really end up blocked).

PenFed Platinum Cash Rewards (19.5k), Amex BCE (9k), Chase Sapphire Reserve (30k), Chase Freedom Unlimited (14.5k), Chase Marriott Premier (19k), Discover More (10k)
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Maybe it just doesnt like my info.  I tried my phone just now and it still stalls on that same screen.

Message 6 of 9
Mailak
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Maybe it just doesnt like my info.  I tried my phone just now and it still stalls on that same screen.

Stalls on your phone too? Wow, that's something. It's definitely weird. Trying from a Windows PC is the last thing I can think of (from a tech platform perspective).

Edit: Although, their site is defintely have issues right now, so I'd wait till later on Monday to give them time to bring everything back to normal.

Message 7 of 9
DVH1980
Contributor

It used to do that for me. My exact issue stemmed from not putting a space in my last name. I got a pre approval in the mail and noticed they didnt put a space in my last name< i wanted to verify my status on the website and it kept freezing up. I had done this countless times before(I really wanted a Discover card) and never had it hang up, then I realized its because I put the space in my last name. Soooo, maybe you have a similar issue.

Van Hauer = No freezing

VanHauer(which is the way it was spelled on my mail offer) = Freezing

*USAA WORLD MC 18k* *USAA VISA 12k* *AMEX BCE 10k* *DISCOVER IT 15k* *AMEX ZYNC* *B of A SIGNATURE CASH 15k* *NAVY FEDERAL PLATINUM 20k* *CITI DOUBLE CASH 15k* *Veridian CU 14k* *Barclays Apple 12.5k*

Message 8 of 9
adavis425
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Perfect, I've had that same issue since back in March. I tried again last night with the same result. I use Firefox, maybe I'll try IE, but not really pressed. Not actually sold on Discover, but they keep sending me crap in the mail. Smiley Tongue

AmEx Platinum | AmEx BCP | AmEx Delta Gold | CSP | Chase Freedom | NFCU cashRewards Visa Sig | NFCU Plat MC | WM MC | Discover it | JCP

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.